Ctx

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Wow that's some good experience! I figure if they've been around that long...there must be something to consider?
Right now I'm running with a pretty small outfit. Getting good regional runs between $1.15-$1.20 mile but no back hauls.

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
$1.15-$1.20 per LDD mile is GREAT!! Unless you drive home.

I think it's good too...except I have been driving home because thus far (a week and a half into it) they have been unable to find me back hauls. I'm wondering if that's a disadvantage of a smaller company?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow that's some good experience! I figure if they've been around that long...there must be something to consider?
Right now I'm running with a pretty small outfit. Getting good regional runs between $1.15-$1.20 mile but no back hauls.

Being around that long doesn't mean they are good to work for. Lot of carriers have been around that long and longer, ask your self when was the last time you seen one of there trucks? Been so long I thought they finally got shut down

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I think it's good too...except I have been driving home because thus far (a week and a half into it) they have been unable to find me back hauls. I'm wondering if that's a disadvantage of a smaller company?

If you're looking for ONLY backhauls, you're gonna have to sit for several days. If you're just looking for "the next load" there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with small companies. Is even BET that our guys sit on average less that most of the drivers with the big carriers. ALL.

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Good point. Which have you had the best experiences with? I like who I'm running with now, they don't require and weekly expenses and I'm averaging $1.15-$1.20 a loaded mile. But small outfit so back hauls have been non-existent so far.

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Yeah I worded that run. I'm just looking for the next load. The run a lot of air freight out of O'Hare so it seems that's really most of their focus. I'm trying to sign on with another carrier that doesn't require I be exclusive so I have other options for that next load.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good point. Which have you had the best experiences with? I like who I'm running with now, they don't require and weekly expenses and I'm averaging $1.15-$1.20 a loaded mile. But small outfit so back hauls have been non-existent so far.

In my opinion Murray is one of the best at moving his guys, and no I don't run for Murray.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Yeah, our guys seem to like our $2 per week deductions. :)!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I worded that run. I'm just looking for the next load. The run a lot of air freight out of O'Hare so it seems that's really most of their focus. I'm trying to sign on with another carrier that doesn't require I be exclusive so I have other options for that next load.

Looking for a multi? I'm OUT. Sorry.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Oh the old multi carrier outlook, why would you wanna compete with yourself? If you run for carrier -A and also Carrier B and your sitting in Indy and a load pops up that both bid on since your there, it goes to the cheapest bid. There by cutting your rate.

Reactions: wimpy007

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
In my opinion Murray is one of the best at moving his guys, and no I don't run for Murray.

Thanks!! Since Sally & I act as dispatchers, I can confidently say that Crossroads Express' driver's dispatchers try harder per driver than any other expediting carrier I know. Hands down.
But then again, if we don't, we go out of business.
I wake up 4-5 times a night. And bid in loads.
I get up in the morning. I shave and bid.
I make coffee. I bid.
I now the grass. I bid.
I go to the bar. I bid. Twice per load. LOL!!
I brush my teeth. I bid.
I go to bed. I bid.
And it starts over.

Reactions: RedBird

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
As opposed to sitting or driving empty? Wouldn't that be the lesser of two evils...and I'm not being sarcastic or anything but I'm wondering how often that would apply with ALL the other players involved I can't imagine often?