CTX

jax7

Expert Expediter
HI, JUST WANTED TO GET SOME INFO. I HAD A CALL FROM AN EARL FROM CTX, AND ASKED HIM HOW THE D-UNITS WERE DOING AND HE TOLD ME THEY WERE MAKING ABOUT $2500 PER WEEK. JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS GUY WAS PULLING MY LEG, OR IF ITS PRETTY CLOSE TO THE TRUTH. ALSO, ANY INPUT ON HOW THEY ARE OVER THE MONTHS OF DEC-FEB WOULD COME IN HANDY AS WELL. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, HOPE YOU CAN HELP, JAX7:7 :7

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
HI Jax,
I would say that $2500 a week could be made with a D unit. I don't run a D-unit on a regular basis, but I do run a van and I gross well over that on a weekly basis with the van, but keep in mind that I do a dedicated run 5 nights a week. I don't know CTX, but someone on the site will be able to help you with any info about them.

Some time back we had a post where we chronologically listed our better months to our slower one, but I can't remember when that was. If you look back you may find it. I do good in Dec, but slow down in Jan, and Feb

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A gross of $2500 per week is doable in a D unit.However I assume you are running as a single driver and many things need to fall into place for a $2500 week. The most important thing is your hours available.Since 75% of most expediting runs take place at night what will happen is that when you unload in the morning you will probably be out of hours until late in the day.Then if you are in a slow freight city you will probably have to wait until the next morning for a trip. The locations you deliver to and stay in are extremely important,many areas simply do not have enough manufacturing to support the expediting business. CTX does a great deal of Automotive freight which is usually heavily discounted and when the auto assembly plants slow down or close for model changeover you will sit.
I would say a average of $1500 to $1800 per week is more realistic. If you run as a team $2500-3000 per week gross can be readily obtained.The big thing is having the hours available when the shipments are available.Good Luck.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Teacel,well over 2500 weekly in a van? You have got to be kidding me!That must be the ocasional good week and not a regular deal. C'mon. I mean, really!

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
HI FOLKS! I DID ABOUT 2500 IN 6 DAYS IN A D UNIT ,DIDN'T KILL MYSELF DOING IT BUT I KEPT BUSY, IF I CAN MAKE THE SAME MONEY IN A VAN I'LL SELL THIS BEAST IN A HEARTBEAT! JUST KIDDING I LIKE MY TRUCK! YOU ALL TAKE IT EASY OUT THERE!!;-) SHARP327

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
What a difference a few years makes. When my wife and I started in this business our first month was Feb of 99, and we were driving for an owner. We did a little over 10K for the month, and he was upset at how badly we had done. He expected 14 to 15K, taking into account that Feb is considered a slow month. Now to see people asking about 10K for months during the busy season, along with a previous post by Weave saying he hadn't gotten a run all week, well it leaves me wondering if expediting will be around in a few years.

Well that is it for this rambling set of thoughts, be carefull out there.