Cruise Control on Chevy Express 2500

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
I have researched as best I can on this but I am coming up empty. I am wondering if I can add 'Factory' Cruise Control simply by adding the cruise control buttons or swapping steering wheels with one that has the cruise buttons already on it. I have seen the Rostra units and it will require an extra aftermarket "stalk" that does not look as good as a factory set up. Plus, I was quoted $485.00 for the Rostra unit. Has anyone been successful on adding factory cruise control? Thanks a million for any answers and input.

JR

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
Cruise is still an option on many vehicles today. You can get a brand new 2010 Express work van without cruise, same with the Silverado, Colorado and many others.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
There have been issues with aftermarket cruise units on GM's, I would just let the dealer put it in, that way it works or they fix it.

goslow

Seasoned Expediter
Depends on the year I know for sure pre 2003 there is a motor and linkage you would have to install along with the switch. 2003 and newer I don't know but I believe they a drive by wire so it maybe possible. I know my 06 D-max is drive by wire, it is possible that the gas motors are to. If this was the cause then I suspect you could add the switch and possibly need to have the ecm flashed. I have wondered the same thing on the 03 and later vans.

Last edited:

quickpickup1

Seasoned Expediter
I actually have everything you need to install but the cables.
The wire harness will plug in and there is a few splices that will need to be done.the other hardware bolts on.The cables are a wear part and you should put new ones on anyways.
Send me a pm and we could work out a price.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
I forgot to mention that the van is a 2010. The cruise control buttons are on the steering wheel instead of the turn signal.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
Does the unit from the cruise control store require soldering of wires or is it just a plug in type connection?

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
No jr, it's a very simple connection, just plug and go with mine...I did however have the module already in my c/v, I know there is another style for my particular year as well