Credit card for O/O

VECTOR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Is there a most commonly used Credit card among "Sprinter" O/O's for business expenses, or just use what you got?

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is there a most commonly used Credit card among "Sprinter" O/O's for business expenses, or just use what you got?
I just used what I had. Don't ever use debit cards especially for fueling. If someone gets your credit card information it's easy to dispute the charges and get them taken off. If someone gets into your bank account it's much more of a pain to get your money back.

Reactions: Grumpy Grandpa

VECTOR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thanks. I have a couple of the best for travel, but was unsure if there was one out there that is perfect for a small business such as Owner/Operator.

PC1978

New Recruit
Researching
Check out “Get Business Credit” Channel on YouTube.

He has good advice on getting and building business credit, and which cards to start with, to start building your actual businesses credit to where you can get credit/financing in your business name (no personal guarantee).

Dunn and Bradstreet, and Experian Business are the two major business credit reporting agencies.

Wex is the major player for fueling credit for most of industry. Many of the branded fuel cards are offered through Wex.

You can always use personal credit to secure financing and many times have to.
But if you can establish a solid credit profile for your business it does allow more opportunity to secure financing for major purchases and business loans in your company name only.

Ally does offer business name only (no PG) vehicle loans purchased from dealerships partnered with Ally.
But your business credit would have to be established and good to be considered.
And most lenders also take into account time in business when offering no personal guarantee business loans.

Could be advantageous if you want to keep large tradelines/debt amounts off of your personal credit (lower personal debt to income ratios).
And in the unfortunate situations where a business doesn’t survive, these tradelines wouldn’t affect personal credit reports and you wouldn’t be personally liable.

Reactions: Old Tiny Truckers