CPM for a Sprinter

klippencott

Expert Expediter
I hope this is not asking too much!

Would you Sprinter owners post your actual CPM for the past year?

I own a 2500, the smallest 118" wheelbase. I know your CPM may not be the same as what mine would be but it would give me enough information to make an informed decision.

I'm trying to figure out if I can earn a comfortable income (solo) with it. What I'm hearing from the carrier recruiters varys greatly. Some say no problem others say no way.

I'm a really hard working person.

DoughBoy

Expert Expediter
klippencott

I asked this same question 4 or 5 months ago and received some help from a few people but not to much. I have in the meantime conduced extensive research into this question. If you have access to MS Excel, I have made what I believe is an accurate guesstiment of what the CMF would be. I can and will email it to you and anyone else that might be interested in it. I must stress that I am not a O/O (not yet anyway) and have no way to verify the information given.

What I did was to take all fixed and veriable expenses that I could think of, was told, or read about. Things like:

Fixed expenses:
Van Payment, Insurance, Bobtail ins., Workers Comp, Satallite fees, and a Driver Income.
I also set aside an emergency fund and maintanence fund until I know what they would be.

Veriable expenses:
Gas, food, showers, Lodging and a deadhead allowance.

I used these numbers to determine if a load would be benefincial to take. And also if it is cost effective to become an O/O.

Again, I have no experiance or First hand knowlege in O/O. If you or anyone is interested let me know. The only thing I ask if you can think of anything to add to it is that you let me know.

Doug