Conways New Insurance Idea

G

Conway NOW has just introduced a new Idea in under dispatch cargo insurance! U THE CONTRACTOR PAY FOR IT ALONG WITH UR BOB TAIL INSURANCE! Yes , according to the powers that be at Conway Now due to several major accidents in 99, one a fatality, they can not meet the judgement costs associated with the accidents. They are self insured, so they are telling all contactors that either they pay for their own under dispatch vehicle liability and cargo insurane through Conway now or ur contract will no longer be any good. I was leased to them but I can not see paying for other drivers screw ups.
If the money,(20 bucs a week) was to go into a pool to cover future accident claims or to purchase new insurance( Conway plans to stay self insured) I could see it. Does any one have any thoughts on this or other info?

G

Ok? so whats new about that? Most trucking companies do it that way. Aint nuthin new. JM

G

Already doing that. Paid for my business license, paid for my commercial
liability insurance, and for cargo liability coverage.

Plus, paying for a truck <20% credit card rate>, and paying for the diesel
fuel to run it, and paying for all the repairs and maintenance...

Paid for my Yellow Pages <tm> ad, and for my own company clothes.
Paying, paying, paying.........

Plus, doing my taxes now for last year....see how I was paying, paying, and paying.

It's *my* choice to do it this way.

I'm not wearing someone else's shirt, cap, or uniform, and it's **MY** name on the
side of the truck - and for the most part - the money comes to **me** directly.
I'm the one who loads and drives the truck, deals with the customers, and I'm the
one who solicits new business.

I look like a balding old man with white hairs creeping in at 44.
Wondering if it'll be the stroke or heart attack that gets me...