CONWAY-NOW

G

Please offer your comments on the credibility of Conway. Are they similar to Roberts/Tristate, or do they hold a stand alone difference?

rob

Expert Expediter
I read an article in Transportation and Distribution Magazine (October 1996)It says that Mr Robertson (president?) wants to "mirror" roberts express because of the success roberts has had in the expedited trucking business. After all, the article goes on to say who wants to "mirror" a loser company. hope this helps. Be safe

G

Great Company! They are not perfect and make some mistakes but
overall they are extremely creditabe, honest and friendly. They
have an open door policy, i.e. you can pick up the phone or stop
in and vist the top man-Ed Conaway. They are in a growth phase
and in a few years will double in size since they are part of the
CNF Corporation. CNF has prestige accounts in the trucking industry, not the cheapest but the Rolls Royce accounts. The expedite division is only a small tiny part of CNF but they can tap the sales forces and accounts for this expansion. They own Conway
Southeast, Conway Central,etc. as well as CCX and Emory Air Freight- a 4 BILLION dollar corp. Housworth

Ed

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Mr Robinson is not even there any more an what you read is 4 years old. Housworth

rob

Expert Expediter
Ed,
I was not coming down on Con-way Now. I was simply quoting a statemant made in an industry magazine. I know several people who have down quite well with the organization.

G

To each his own, I left conway after a year and went to Landstar, much happier.

G

Sorry to hear that it looks like yoiu went from the frying pan into the fire.... sometimes the frying pan can be a great place to be....