considering lea

tippy

Expert Expediter
Currently team o/o with Tri State (D unit) dislike dispatch system, i.e. no load weight or rate. Trouble getting back haul from the west. Pros or cons from lea team or any other expeditors with lea experience. Thanks Tippy

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I just went through orientation with LEA. I was treated great at orientation. They put me up in a nice hotel and supplied breakfast and lunch.
Sorry that I can't tell you more about LEA at this time but I hope someone with LEA experience will reply to your post.

KandS2

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
LEA tries to treat its BCO's (Business Capacity Owners) well.

If you need hand-holding (ex: where to layover, what route to take, how to do things) such as what Roberts used to do, LEA is not the place to go. You have to make your own decisions.

It can take 4-6 months to start doing well, since some agents are hesitant to try newcomers with established accounts. You will find several agents you get along with and will give you most of your work.

You can get freight from the west coast, but it isn't always regular (speaking from a solo driver's pov).

When an agent calls to see if you want a load, they will tell you the weight, what you are picking up, gross pay, truck pay, and anything else you need to know. If you have any questions, ask! Most agents are willing to help.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe out there!

FRANK C

Expert Expediter
WHAT KIND OF MONEY CAN A SOLO DRIVER WITH A D UNIT 24FTBOX MAKE AT LEA? IF I STAY OUT 3WEEKS AT A TIME AND ONLY TAKE 2-3 DAYS OFF. CAN I MAKE AT LEAST $1800 WEEK?

evilspirit

Expert Expediter
If you are making 3K a week with Tristate you need to stay for the time being. Freight is slow now, and we have to many Agents who have their own trucks to load. The rest of us get the left overs. I haven't made 3000 a week in over three months.
When the slow spell is over you can do very well with LEA, they do keep the rates up, very few cheap loads.The company support is great and they treat you like a O/O, and not like a company driver. The only problem I have is too many areas in which we can't get loads.
Most of this problem is competion cutting rates and LEA won't,this is a good thing in the long run, just aggrevating when you need to run.}> }> ;)

bubba

Expert Expediter
Marty welcome to LEA, I've been there almost 3 years and FCC before
that. Hang in for 6 month or so and make friend with the agents almost all of them or good to work with when you get to know them and they get to know you.

Good luck

Bubba

Truck number is 4328 :7 :7

Twistoff

Expert Expediter
I personally know a B Unit & several D Units that are going broke with LEA. The B Unit has had 2 trips in the last month & has made no more then $800,a D Unit that has had 2 trips in the past month & made $1100(IN A MONTH???!!!). Landstar may look after you at orientation & give you simple advise, but they don't give a rats behind if you go broke. If you aren't making money with your truck then LEA isn't making money off your truck either & they won't care if you stay, quit or go broke.