Considering Expediting

Scott221

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sorry for the long post, but I have many questions! I am about to retired early from a large police department, luckily with a good pension and benefits. This makes expedited hauling seem to be a good choice as I don't need benefits and if money is hot and cold I'll be okay. I have a clean driving record and personal experience with pulling trailers (horse) and driving small trucks. I just can't really think of taking some boring, zero freedom 9-5 job and trucking seems to provide more flexibility. I have a family so I don't want to be away for long stetches but a few long trips here and there are good for the sanity! LOL.. Was thinking about purchasing a 1 ton dually and a flatbed trailer and maybe an enclosed trailer too. We have horses so i need a stock or horse trailer anyway and this would also be available. The truck is something I also need anyway for personal use, so this would help out with the new vehicle costs. Alright now the questions.

A. what class license would be best
B. insurance regulations (New York)
C. Is that a decent vehicle/trailer setup
D. is the market in NY/NJ/CT/PA good
E. will I get hired without a ton of insurance and licenses
F. Will a truck setup like that draw much attaention from DOT etc.
G. can any money be made being an call with local business sort of catch as catch can

Thanks

CreeperCop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Have a long history of trucks & Motor Carrier Safety.Give me a shout.I also recently retired early! Yes 22 Yrs & Out.:>