Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any suggestions/cautions/etc?

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmmm yeah....there is a reason they don't allow guns in trucks......LOL

Hmmm..please explain...are you refering to personal experience ....I d. like to hear both sides of these stories....:p

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
JuJu and I started in a regular CV.....:)

one main thing ....absolutely NO personal space....no place to get away to.
lock yourselves up in the smallest room and do that 24/7 for weeks on end...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seriously tho....IMO.....consider a couple weeks on and a couple weeks off....bring her and leave her rotation....we did that I'd do and out and back whilst she stayed home.....longer ones she'd hop in and off we'd go for 2-4 weeks....

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unless you have the amenities(AC/Heating), it going to cost ya:)
Had a friend who rode with wife in the cargo van, ended up in the motel many days and nights during the hot summer and the cold winter.

Besides, you're most likely to be eating at the restaurant more often than being solo.

No, no...you're not going to split that hotdog with your wife, LOL.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Any suggestions/cautions/etc?

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

Every couple is different so you just have to make sure that it will work for you and how it will be handled if it does not work out. I would set some times up, maybe every couple of days at the beginning that you two will talk about the job and living situation. If you guys are short tempered then I would suggest that you not do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Love it been doing it for years only problem is we tend to eat out of the Sprinter more often using more $$$& but we also more then double the income !

Last edited:

rjthetightway

Seasoned Expediter
Not to sound stupid but how does a team more than double their pay when your getting the same rate as a single driver.

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I run single I hit 60-70k miles a year without pushing but when the wife goes team we often exceed 140k our van is an 08 with nearly 670k on it

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some carriers are more geared to teams than others. There are a few that teams will do much better on average and others it not as noticble. I'm speaking vans not straights.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
You could also give a s/t a try. With a team the hos issues are pretty much gone. Plus you get a guaranteed sleeper and pending who owns the truck they can get pretty spectacular. ;-)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have been together in the truck 24/7 for 15 years. A few keys to making it work.

1. Pick your battles.

2. Know when to shut up.

3. Know when to agree to disagree.

4. Dont be 12 and hold a grudge. Let it go.

5. Respect !!!!!!!!

6. Remember you are married and are in it for the long haul.

7. Problems are going to arise. Figure them out. They are not as big a deal as your relationship.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could bring them on as a passenger first. Let them experience the routine and living conditions without any pressure.
I would suggest at least a few weeks as the first week wouldn't count due to the "honeymoon" effect.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
My wife teamed with me for a few months, but that was in a straight with a 96" sleeper. We had a blast.