Considering a change

Stoff

Expert Expediter
Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with either Jung Express or On Time Express? Presently running a cargo van with a company that does primarily airport work. Would like more surface runs that would not always end up with an empty deadhead back to Ohio (where I am domiciled). Thank you for any response.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
The recruiter at On Time had the courtesy to call me back.

Although I was already hauling for someone else, I believe that says something about their character.

Morevoer, I haven't heard any negative comments from other drivers I met out on the road.

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
I drive a van for On Time Express. They probably aren't putting on vans yet, as freights been slow for vans. Call them as they might have a need in your area of OH.

Their rate per mile is on par with FDXCC. I get a lot of team runs even though I run single.

They don't go to Canada and don't do hazmats.

They do a great job of getting you home or at least back to the midwest.

No qualcom, a GPS helps a lot.

No Comdata so make sure you have money for fuel. I use my ATM card with a credit card for back up. My 1st week with them ATM machine swallowed my card so good thing I had a back up.

I'm happy with them. Good people who get to know you by name.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I called Jung a couple of times back when I was in my "D" truck. They never returned my calls so I never persued it any further.

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
I ran as a single in a cargo van since Sept. with On Time. This last quarter I did $13000 in a bad express center (Saginaw MI). Last year I did $8700 in the same time period with FDXCC.

I think the main differance is On Time is better for a single driver than FDXCC. If I ran team I probably would have stayed with FDXCC. I did about $35000 a year the 4 years I was with FDXCC. Hope this helps.

woobergoober

Expert Expediter
Guys, I think there are a couple On Time Express companies. One is in Plymouth, MI, and I actually worked for them. The other On Time Express is from another state. The one in Plymouth, MI, has the picture of an alarm clock on their logo. Which one of the companies are we referring to, and maybe I am incorrect, and there are no longer two On Time Expresses.

WG

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
There is a On Time expediting. I believe their office was in Lavonia. The one we are talking about is in Plymouth.