Conference Call

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Todays conference call with new rates. Your thoughts. I will reserve my thoughts until I can personally talk with someone but I have towed the line for quite awhile but the gloves may come off.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Todays conference call with new rates. Your thoughts. I will reserve my thoughts until I can personally talk with someone but I have towed the line for quite awhile but the gloves may come off.

Kinda like they do not want Cargo Vans...huh? Time to move up to a Sprinter/Sprinter type van?

I come out very well though. No more .70 centers...... I like the paid D/H, extra for minnie loads,
Dispatch- I have a cargo van load for ya
Me- Then call a Cargo Van.....bawhahah no more! sorry.

On a good side of this, (for you), if we are at the same truck stop/ city, then if a 10lb box needs shipping you could get it over me. Both being first out in our truck class. Why pay the dime if ya don't have to.

I think it is good all around.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
We stepped up to a sprinter a year ago ;) and still running as a team. I do not like this and here is why. As a team we generally don't take or are even offered short loads so the short load bump really doesn't apply. 90% of the CV loads we ran we were able to get the .80/mile anyway. So my question is why should I run a 2800lb load that used to be paid $1/mile? With the extra fuel and maintanence for this load I have to really reconsider heavier loads. The empty mile bump will help a little but we all know we were componsated well when over 75 miles.

I have ran the numbers and based on everything being equal we will lose over $20k from last year. Now they will argue they will now get a "POTENTIAL" bump of up to 25% more paid miles. Even IF we do get a bump in miles of 25% I will still be short $5k. Not to mention the increase in maintenance and repairs.

I was told once by the now departed Larry Larson that the main consideration to be qualified as a sprinter is to have an opening in the rear taller than 48 inches. I think I am going to find the smallest sprinter possible, get the sprinter rate but now basicly haul cargo van loads.

This feels like your typical coorperate money grab scheme. "Oh look we will give you this and that but cut your rates for the "POTENTIAL" of making more money. Also in the call they came out and openly said that they have had less calls regarding people sitting so aren't we running well already but now we are going to cut your pay for the "potential" and "being able to me more aggressive" so we can get more loads. We have heard this all before back in 08.

I am a stock holder of XPO in my Roth IRA. They had a conference call with the stock holders as well this morning and I missed it but based on what the stock is doing today it couldn't have been that good of news. Does the one move today have to do with the other? Just asking.

OVM is surely laughing his *** off over at Load 1.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
abusing my status:

Flattop..I am NOT laughing...It is sad that was once a great carrier to drive for has been Pantherized so badly ....just for the sake of stock holders.....I really feel bad for O/O's like your self...and all the other long term owners as well...I hope this new pay schedule has a bright side somewhere for you guys....:) Take care....Ken aka OVM

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We stepped up to a sprinter a year ago ;) and still running as a team. I do not like this and here is why. As a team we generally don't take or are even offered short loads so the short load bump really doesn't apply. 90% of the CV loads we ran we were able to get the .80/mile anyway. So my question is why should I run a 2800lb load that used to be paid $1/mile? With the extra fuel and maintanence for this load I have to really reconsider heavier loads. The empty mile bump will help a little but we all know we were componsated well when over 75 miles.

I have ran the numbers and based on everything being equal we will lose over $20k from last year. Now they will argue they will now get a "POTENTIAL" bump of up to 25% more paid miles. Even IF we do get a bump in miles of 25% I will still be short $5k. Not to mention the increase in maintenance and repairs.

I was told once by the now departed Larry Larson that the main consideration to be qualified as a sprinter is to have an opening in the rear taller than 48 inches. I think I am going to find the smallest sprinter possible, get the sprinter rate but now basicly haul cargo van loads.

This feels like your typical coorperate money grab scheme. "Oh look we will give you this and that but cut your rates for the "POTENTIAL" of making more money. Also in the call they came out and openly said that they have had less calls regarding people sitting so aren't we running well already but now we are going to cut your pay for the "potential" and "being able to me more aggressive" so we can get more loads. We have heard this all before back in 08.

I am a stock holder of XPO in my Roth IRA. They had a conference call with the stock holders as well this morning and I missed it but based on what the stock is doing today it couldn't have been that good of news. Does the one move today have to do with the other? Just asking.

OVM is surely laughing his *** off over at Load 1.

One of us has missunderstood something. The min for a Sprinter is .80/.85, no more .70, I do not think they took the 1.00/1.05 away. Gonna make the 1500 call and see if they clear that up. And don't worry about OVM. His dog is out of the hunt...

flattop40

Expert Expediter
One of us has missunderstood something. The min for a Sprinter is .80/.85, no more .70, I do not think they took the 1.00/1.05 away. Gonna make the 1500 call and see if they clear that up. And don't worry about OVM. His dog is out of the hunt...

Nope ALL sprinter type vehicles will get .80 no matter the load. All cargo vans will get .70 no matter the load. I talked to a guy out of Birmingham office and he confirmed it.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Oops! Just confirmed. The $1.00 rate for Sprinters is gone. They are hoping that paying deadhead miles will be enough to keep us on, which it will not. There is no way paying for SOME deadhead (we already got deadhead over 75 miles) will come close to balancing out! We are shopping new carriers today. No way running more for less works for us.