Conference call with Jason Frederick

aileron

Expert Expediter
For those that were on the conference call this morning, what do you think about the things discussed?

Just a reminder, there is still a chance to get on. Every top of the hour until 3 pm or so.

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got in on the second call and I thought it was good. I mean we all know it's tough right now but you get the sense that they are trying to be aggressive and not just sitting back with a "we're FedEx we are the best, the business will come to us" attitude. Questions about backhauls were good, I think they are realizing that a lot of us are pretty good at finding freight and maybe they need to make that process easier and quicker to initiate. To me it's a hell of a way to get people exposed to the better service the Fed provides as well as a way to help keep us moving. Whatever you think about it all, it sure was a lot more personal than a newsletter.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We finally got in on one of the calls. We are on a run, though, so we couldn't hear with the phone on speaker. My husband listened in on the call and filled me in. He was really pleased with the result of the call. Good information and very timely with all the stuff going on. We were also glad that Scott had a few words and was included in the call.

aileron

Expert Expediter
The troubling part was his comment that this year is going to be about the same what we have seen so far, maybe we will see some freight picking up in August, September and October. But we should get used to what we see now. Hopefully we can survive this year.

I really appreciate their trying to communicate with us better. Good job, FedEx CC.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We missed the conference call because we were on a run that had us driving and sleeping in shifts. I have sent the suggestion to HQ to make the taped call available online for those of us who missed it. What else happened on the call that stood out for y'all? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good idea Phil, we too were on that type of run. Maybe have them avalible on the extra-net. Just click and listen to past calls. Layoutshooter

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I logged on couple min before, then had to break off and leave.

Would be neat if it could be recorded and downloaded as a Podcast.