conf call saturday and 1st quarter results

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
be sure to be in on the call this saturday. pretty sure it is this saturday.

Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc. (XPO) today reported its earnings for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011.
XPO continued its solid financial performance as first quarter revenues increased by 31% to $41.5 million compared to $31.6 million in the first quarter of 2010. During the same period, net income improved 34% to $1,117,000 or $0.03 per fully diluted share compared to $834,000 or $0.03 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2010.
Michael R. Welch, the Company's CEO commented, "Once again each operating division showed impressive top line growth which continued to fuel the overall improved profitability of XPO. At this point, we believe that 2011 has the potential to be a year of strong growth and profitability as tightening freight capacity should improve the overall freight environment."
"Our consistent approach of focusing on sales growth and diversification while holding cost increases in line have paid off for XPO over the past couple of years. We look forward to another solid year from Mike and his team in 2011," stated Board Chairman, Jim Martell.

"while holding cost increases in line"........as ovm used to say this is where your dime is.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
so, what we already knew, soft market since april. might start up in mid june.
expect a busy july...hope that is not like last years busy july.
almost made money last july. :)
new stuff = new customers. sounded suspiciously like more st frt than van frt. always the haired step child. well at my age more like haired step child.

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
I really didnt get much outta the cal other then supposedly more freight. So far the past couple of weeks have picked up for me.:D