Con-Way Now

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
I just wanted to know if there is a list of Con-Way owners that are hiring.
What should be the first step, do I get approved by Con-Way first and then find someone to drive for, or do I find someone to drive for first. It seems to me that a fleet owner could be my best bet for getting hired on the quickest.
Thanks for your help
Jason

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes, talk to a fleet owner first if you know one. They will know Con-Way's driver qualifications and would be able to set you up to run there. If you don't know a fleet owner, call Con-Way and ask if there are any who are hiring who live near you.
-Weave-

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Jason,

We know some people looking for van drivers and possibly a truck too. Email me if you want the name. I really don't know if EOL wants us using this forum as an employment agency.:)

[email protected]

-mcbride

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
hey Mcbride your correct it is wrong to use the fourms to post for job opps, But thats why I am a newbie, but I also understand what you mean they have a classified section. I am so new to wanting to get in to the business I was just posting to gain knowledge.
Jason.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>hey Mcbride your correct it is wrong to use the fourms to
>post for job opps, But thats why I am a newbie, but I also
>understand what you mean they have a classified section. I
>am so new to wanting to get in to the business I was just
>posting to gain knowledge.
> Jason.

Ohhh Jason...please don't misunderstand my post. I was not being critical of your question. Although I am not new to this site as you can see I have been around as they have me labeled as a charter member. However, I lurked, and lurked for months, even a year I think, before I ever posted one thing! So, please realize I was not saying don't use this forum for anything. Please just email me if you are interested in a van or a truck driving for Con-way. I really didn't mean to offend you in any way and now know why I lurked for months....I didn't word my post correctly. I think I may go back to lurking. x(

-mcbride

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font color="red" size="3"]Don't you dear go back to lurking? Your input is too valuable to be sitting on a shelf some place.[/font] When I read your post and his reply I was going to clear it up for him, about why you ask him to email you, but was a bit on the tired side. I knew exactly what you meant when you ask him to email you about some info. Thank you for showing courtesy to the EO Forums.

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Dont go back to lurking I enjoy reading all of your posts. I also waited along time befor I posted a message. No harm in your reply it would not be as informative or useful as a tool if everyone posted looking for jobs.
:D