computer people queston

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
Can a date and time stamp be changed as in a computer goof up or would it have been done manual ty for your help

Camper

Not a Member
Can a date and time stamp be changed as in a computer goof up or would it have been done manual ty for your help

What type of computer is this? Is it a laptop or desktop and is it connected to a server.

I'm not aware of any way in which a time stamp can be altered by mistake. Even with a free standing laptop, such a scenario is pretty far fetched, as there's an internal battery that maintains the time/date settings, even when the unit is off.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
What type of computer is this? Is it a laptop or desktop and is it connected to a server.

I'm not aware of any way in which a time stamp can be altered by mistake. Even with a free standing laptop, such a scenario is pretty far fetched, as there's an internal battery that maintains the time/date settings, even when the unit is off.

on panthers system i keep getting moved around but i haven't moved van time and dates and position

Camper

Not a Member
on panthers system i keep getting moved around but i haven't moved van time and dates and position

I don't know what type of system Panther uses, so it's hard for me to answer that. It might not be a PC based system, in which case your original question wouldn't apply.

You might want to raise this question with dispatch, if you haven't already done so.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
I don't know what type of system Panther uses, so it's hard for me to answer that. It might not be a PC based system, in which case your original question wouldn't apply.

You might want to raise this question with dispatch, if you haven't already done so.

raise a queston with dispach nope just trying to figger it out as long with a few more new things that seem to be happening but thanks for your help

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Are you talking about when you look on the drivers web page that shows your location? If so, that is based on your QC position report.

Some locations are notorious for confusing QC's.

Try resetting your QC and see if that helps.