Apps Compendium of Expediter Android Apps and Links

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
This is a follow up to the post "Confessions of a Droid User. It will be updated when I can get logged in. This is a compendium of Android apps mentioned by users in the EO tech thread. It is not intended to "show-up" what's been shared already but rather to glean from posts/threads for the sake of having one central place for all the apps we find useful. As EO members add to this thread I will be happy to edit the OP and add them. Most of these apps are mentioned by other EO members in other posts/threads so special thanks to all of the EO folks who helped with this.

Business:
Google Maps
My Dat Truck Stops
Cargo Decoder (Free)
$$ Cargo Decoder Plus Module
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.usnaviguide.radar_now&hl=enRadar Now
TruckSmart
$$ CamScanner
$$ Zip Code Finder
$$ Weatherbug Elite
Yellowbook
Gasbuddy

Personal/Business (Including Audio):
Pageonce Money and Bills
Craigslist
Tunein Radio (Allows you to listen to several truck shows and ATN (America's Truckin' Network)
$$ Sirius XM On Your Android Device
Slacker Radio
Pandora Radio
Easy Reminder
TV.com
doubleTwist Player
Color Note
Colorflashlight
Wikidroid for Wikipedia
Language Translator
Poynt (Locates Restaurants, Movies, Shopping)
Google Places
Radio Apps (lots to chose from)
Audiobook Options

Games / Entertainment:
Stupid Zombies
Angry Birds
Jewels
Bubble Blast 2
Crazy Snowboard
Geared
Trapball

If you have questions about any of these apps, please try to find the answer via the links before asking here. It may help to keep this thread short and concise. If you can't find the answer in the link then post your question, by all means and those who are reviewing should be able to offer some insight.

I did not find all these apps! So a BIG THANK YOU is in order to the following EO members who contributed to this short project based on their earlier posts: Camper, dad4evr1, Dakota, dieseldiva, Falligator, golfournut, idtrans, Miss Kat, scottm4211,

Other EO posts on this topic:Which Droid apps, Android Radio Apps, TA Android App, Most useful android apps, Favorite Smartphone Apps...

Don't see your app? Please feel free to post it or send a PM and I'll do my best to add it to the list quickly.

If I have neglected to recognize any posters please PM me so I can update this list.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeliveryMark

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is very helpful. I've made it a sticky. Let's keep it on topic please and add other good apps to it when possible.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Heres a cool new app called VOXER it puts the PUSH TO TALK capability on any Apple or Andriod phone it works very well, Although I suggest you build your own ROOMS and add freinds as you want rather then click the FACEBOOK app which will join you with all your facebook friends...

VOXER

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Two more great APPS

RAINDAR

Raindar is a great radar tool with Hi quality images and radar, storm tracking...

LOOKOUT Mobile Security

Lookout lets you register and if your phone is lost you cane LOCATE, OR WIPE IT also you can make your phone sound an alarm that a PERP cant turn off until they pull the battery...its also a great Malware tool....

SCANNER RADIO

Lets you listen to Police, Ambulance, Fire and Emergency weather anywhere in the country, several settings for scanning .....works very well

Reactions: tolandch

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heres a cool new app called VOXER it puts the PUSH TO TALK capability on any Apple or Andriod phone it works very well, Although I suggest you build your own ROOMS and add freinds as you want rather then click the FACEBOOK app which will join you with all your facebook friends...

VOXER

I've used Voxer for about 6 months, and it's a great app. It's as close as you'll get to Nextel.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Another one I use is

Mileage.

Every time I fuel, I enter in the number of gallons, price and mileage and it gives you statistics like mpg, cost per mile, etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

mzraik

Active Expediter
Hi Everyone,

Here are 2 more new apps that I created to help me on the road.
The first is called TruckComm. It's had plenty of revisions, and like all works of art, it seems it's never finished.
TruckComm2.
I use it to send to my Dispatcher/Wife my where abouts and Load Status using SMS (Text Messaging).
I simply check the boxes, after entering the load reference, BOL, POD, Stop Number, etc., and hit Send.
Pics are attached.
bolandpod.jpg

The second is LoadRate. This one I created to prevent those pesky folks who offer us the freight, from taking advantage of our usually tired state of mind. I can quickly assess whether I should pass on a load.
It saves my MPG and my Preferred rate, so when the offer comes through, I can enter it and instantly know if the offer is low and by how much, plus, an estimated cost of the fuel it will take.

I added a What If section to use for the rapid paced changes the often occur while on the phone negotiating. It has tipped the scales in my favor more than once.
Take a Look.
LoadRate
loadrate.jpg

RAM Management

New Recruit
RAM Management Corp started working with a local trucking company with document management, signature acceptance, reporting and more. We created a custom platform with web based software that is easy to use and gives the feeling of a full office staff. Secure 24/7 access to your data through a secure digital vault. RAM Management creates a custom solution for your team to be more organized and efficient.