Coming Back After 3 Years Off The Road

armin88

Expert Expediter
Hey all I been off the road since late 2012 when into another career but after almost 3 years of that I miss being on the road and I really want to out trucking again.Before I left I was with Panther and I left Panther after about a year with them and got approved by Express-1 which I heard they got bought out and change names? Anyway I wine up going into real estate and thats where I been since but its really not my thing,trucking is what I want to do.So that being said,what's new in the expedited world? What's the good companies out there and how the business been? I drove ST so like to hear from you ST folks as well. Also I'm moving to eastern PA soon so i'm looking for a company that does good runs to the PA,NJ,MD areas.Thanks

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Straight truck
I like small Carriers myself, When I was driving a straight my 2 favorite carriers were J.D. Clark logistics and C & M Transport. J.D. Clark might have trouble getting you in and out of eastern PA but will pay better per mile John is a great guy to work for. C&M can get you in and out of just about anywhere they send you quickly and won't ask you how cheap will you run to get out of there. their pay per mile is a little cheaper than J.D. Clark.

Reactions: armin88

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Allentown :)
Thank you very much! Now I've that song stuck in my head

I%2Bdon't%2Balways%2Bget%2Ba%2Bsong%2Bstuck%2Bin%2Bmy%2Bhead%2Bbut%2Bwhen%2Bi%2Bdo,%2Bit's%2Balways%2Ba%2Bpop%2Bsong%2Bthat%2Bi%2Bhate.jpg

Reactions: neilblack

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Rags, I live an hour north of Philadelphia. Now you can have "Philadelphia Freedom" stuck in your head :p

Reactions: mrgoodtude

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at the Saginaw J. I just went in for my morning cuppa joe and spoke with a woman named Lola for a couple of minutes.