Come Join Our Journey!!!

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today's A day that his come with some sadness but a sense of excitement with this new journey I'm about to take on. Today I'm leaving Load1. The company that I've been with for over 5 1/2 years now. This was merely a business decision and a hard one at that to make. Going from The land of the known to the land of the unknown. With nothing but good luck and wishes and good things to say about Load1. Today Ibstart a new journey with MSH Logistics! So with that being said, let's get these videos rolling again, and let's have some fun out here on the road! Everyone stay safe out there on the road will see you around and good luck! Expediter Guy out!

Reactions: sjp5030

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this was a little bit of a surprise. Was hoping to watch a new video. :popcorn:

Good luck on your new venture, and looking forward to update videos.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Did a show at the gm tower in Detroit, had to rent a st8 truck to get our gear into the loading dock area underground, we were on tour and were traveling the country in a tt, wouldn't fit in the tunnels! So we did the load transfer at the security x-ray lot. Basically it sucked!

Reactions: TheOGExpediterGuy

sjp5030

Active Expediter
HEY GUY
I think your vids are really great. Can you go into details about the van ? Is it single tire or duals and under 10k and what kind of mileage do you get with what motor ?.
I am curious about what phone and how you mount it to film. I enjoy your details about time of year loads.
How do you heat the van interior for sleep , etc. I tried to use my own van but Commercial Insurance was killing me without enough loads as an Independent. Any suggestions? Steve

sjp5030

Active Expediter
Expediter guy
Well kind of a surprise but as you say it's business and survival. I can't say it enough listening to your experiences makes me feel better Not meaning you suffered waiting a week but done that myself and kicked myself later for not doing something different.I have driven on and off several years in a van and even tried my Sprinter. And experienced many of same things you speak of and I very seldom go to forums . I have been off a couple of months and even knowing it's very slow I am trying to get an owner to take me on. Not going to well.
Have a friend from Wisc. and he claims Comm. insurance on a van about 250.00 a month and I am in ILL. and they want to crucify me to insure a 3/4 t van at around 650 / mo.
Does anybody know if Wisc is that much cheaper ins.
Soon as I get workin again would like to try that Elite as my cobra is kinda sloppy now.

Reactions: TheOGExpediterGuy

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
HEY GUY
I think your vids are really great. Can you go into details about the van ? Is it single tire or duals and under 10k and what kind of mileage do you get with what motor ?.
I am curious about what phone and how you mount it to film. I enjoy your details about time of year loads.
How do you heat the van interior for sleep , etc. I tried to use my own van but Commercial Insurance was killing me without enough loads as an Independent. Any suggestions? Steve

Thanks for the info Steve! I will do a video on that soon! And I say going with a small company is your best bet! Insurance is too high to try an run independently in my opinion

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Expediter guy
Well kind of a surprise but as you say it's business and survival. I can't say it enough listening to your experiences makes me feel better Not meaning you suffered waiting a week but done that myself and kicked myself later for not doing something different.I have driven on and off several years in a van and even tried my Sprinter. And experienced many of same things you speak of and I very seldom go to forums . I have been off a couple of months and even knowing it's very slow I am trying to get an owner to take me on. Not going to well.
Have a friend from Wisc. and he claims Comm. insurance on a van about 250.00 a month and I am in ILL. and they want to crucify me to insure a 3/4 t van at around 650 / mo.
Does anybody know if Wisc is that much cheaper ins.
Soon as I get workin again would like to try that Elite as my cobra is kinda sloppy now.

As far as insurance goes I've only gone through what company I'm with and it's quite cheap approximately 200 a month or less!!!

sjp5030

Active Expediter
You know it's a bummer too , cause I have this nice 170' Sprinter with sleeper and frig and microwave ,etc.
All I can do is finish paying it off . Find my smaller outfit and try to collect enough money for insurance.
At least the chev is paid for. One of these days someone may get a class action suit against gouging Insurance Co.

sjp5030

Active Expediter
I could but several yrs back was on with Panther and they are very dictorial and I like an independent feelin and so I have been with several such as ATL Exp. , Universal Exp , MDH Exp. and they are mostly working with many Co's and brokers. Atl has his own vans and in Georgia and I am in ILL. So transportation a prob. I have a CDL B from Ark
but no medical so then have to go thru all that for a card. And as you see it's very slowwwww and hard to get going.