class C license versus chauffeurs

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
i dont get the laws here in michigan...i took my class c test and have my certificate....michigan allows you to take the test with the type of vehicle you will be driving..(cargo van) however when i went to the secretary of state.. the computer would not accept it without a endorsement...such as hazmat...they did give me a chauffers licence though...it will be up to 6 weeks for my hazmat investigation to be completed and test taken...another delay, until i can drive with a expedited carrier....what is the difference between a chauffeurs and a class c ??

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
>i dont get the laws here in michigan...

I don't get it either... from what I gather from the sec. of st. you should have at least gotten your "C" license w/out an endorsement. As far as I can tell there is no diff bet. a chauffers and a "C".

Just another way of auntie jen and her co-horts to mess us around ?

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
HondaKing;
Class C license is for operating a "Non-CDL" vehicle, meaning under 26,001 lbs. GVW, that carries placardable amounts of hazardous materials (driver has or needs hazmat endorsement).
Chaffeur's license is required by Michigan law for any vehicle operated commercially - even those under 10,000 lbs. GVW. No hazmat endorsement is issued on a chaffeur's license.
Does that make better sense?
Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

Questions on Premium Transportation Logistics LLC? Call me at 1-800-661-3166