class 8 trucks

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
RE: class 8 trucks(DaveKC)

Ours is the KVH Tracvision L3. This is the second one for us, when we sold the first truck we left it on. We got it at Camping World and we're very satisfied (obviously since we bought the 2nd one), once in a while we have to unplug it and let it reset itself but other than that we haven't had any real problems and have never had to go back to Camping World for service.
How's about some pics of the inside of your hotel (sleeper), enquiring minds want to know!! DDx2

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Will send some when we get home. They turned out a little dark

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I have been looking for that cartoon in the archives for a while! I remember when Wild Bill posted it:7
-Weave-

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

If I didn't have to haul freight I would have added a pool table and a hot tub. (hahha) Hey Lawrence, love the cartoon!!!

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
That is a sweet looking truck, I have seen you on the road a few times! One thing that is nice about late model repos- one man's loss is another man's gain! Diamler Chrysler Credit has so many right now, they are starting to get a little more liberal with the down payments and financing. Best of all, if purchased from an authorized dealer, you can't be ripped off on the asking prices as DCCC will only finance the trucks at what their market value for the model year is. This is one advantage to working with Freightliner and DCCC if you are looking for a used or repo'ed class 8.
-Weave-

I had a chance to meet BigFoot & LilFoot at a CB shop in Baytown (Houston), Texas Friday. Nice people and I'm telling you, their truck is still a nice looking rig. Lilfoot said she hadn't posted in awhile, but that they still visited the forum. Here's hoping they will come back and start posting again. They were the first ones I have had a chance to meet. I hope there will be many more. I enjoyed talking to them.

BTW, I saw a FedEx CV at a rest stop on I20 in Mississippi Friday evening. It was a Chevy Van. I didn't see it in time to turn in.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I had a chance to meet BigFoot & LilFoot at a CB shop in Baytown (Houston), Texas Friday. Nice people and I'm telling you, their truck is still a nice looking rig. Lilfoot said she hadn't posted in awhile, but that they still visited the forum. Here's hoping they will come back and start posting again. They were the first ones I have had a chance to meet. I hope there will be many more. I enjoyed talking to them.

BTW, I saw a FedEx CV at a rest stop on I20 in Mississippi Friday evening. It was a Chevy Van. I didn't see it in time to turn in.

Allright bluejaybee,you got me.I saw the Weave post listed and thought our old buddy was back on EO. If you are looking to run into members from EO out on the road,you sure couldn't do any better than bigfoot and lilfoot.

Their truck (the skeeterhawk) is definately a fine ride,and even tho' it's got many miles on it it's still out there makin' money.:D

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Here's a pic of our Class 8 (2001 Freightliner Classic)
Purchased it last summer as a Repo also. It even came
equipped with the reefer and liftgate.

Help me!
I must be IT disabled.
How do I access these pictures??
I don't see a link or image?

Can you describe the truck in detail and I will just form an image in my mind? haha

Any ideas on what I am not doing right here because it seems that everyone else can see them.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Allright bluejaybee,you got me.I saw the Weave post listed and thought our old buddy was back on EO. If you are looking to run into members from EO out on the road,you sure couldn't do any better than bigfoot and lilfoot.

Their truck (the skeeterhawk) is definately a fine ride,and even tho' it's got many miles on it it's still out there makin' money.:D

You are right. Very nice couple indeed. Friendly and very upbeat about the whole situation of the trade. I had no idea of who they were because they haven't posted here since I became a member of EO. But, I too, wish they would start posting here again. They have a lot of experience to offer.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Help me!
I must be IT disabled.
How do I access these pictures??
I don't see a link or image?

Can you describe the truck in detail and I will just form an image in my mind? haha

Any ideas on what I am not doing right here because it seems that everyone else can see them.

You are not in as bad of shape as you might think. We don't see the pix's. I guess the links are too old or something. This thread was back in 2003 I think. Guess the links dropped off since then. But, bigfoot & lilfoot have a beautiful 2001 (I think) class 8 Freightliner. It has been well maintained and it shows. I tried to swap my class 7 to them, but they said nope. Don't see many trucks with the miles and age of this one that still looks sharp.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Here is a pic of Bigfoot and Lilfoot's truck, earlier in it's life.....STILL GOING STRONG!!!

MeetingUp4Breakfast.jpg

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
This afternoon heading back up to the border I see this FECC T2000 straight truck headed south, don't think I've ever seen a T2000 ST before.