CIA

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Interesting interview on 60 minutes tonight with Gerorge Tennant past CIA Director. I liked his style and believed all that he had to say. I intend to buy his book but I thought it was typical of CBS to try to push him into a corner about torture etc. Like it or not there are extremists out there that want to do us in. We had a wake up call on 09/11 but have hit the snooze button.

It pisses me off how politicians on both sides only are interested in doing whatever it takes to get relected and take positions rather then whats best for the country.

Out sourceing is going to kill our economy but Congress fiddles while thouand of people loose jobs. Look at our industry, F/liner is closing a North Carolina plant and opening a production factory in Mexico. In addition to the F/L folks losing their jobs ,there are hundreds of supplier jobs lost.

Just read what I posted,looks like Coors Light took over (LOL). Don't have to drive for 14 hours,so am OK.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
It's ok Rich some of have crunked out yeasted verbage before...
Hows it feel to be road rashed again??
PS. Good points
Mike

greg334

Veteran Expediter
NO NO NO NO NO...........................

What is really wrong with this picture?

Why is a CIA anything allowed to speak up, let alone write a book?

The premise that their job was to do a lot of things to protect our country and keep quiet about their work seems to have gone to the wayside with the need to make money off the money we gave them to do a job. It is not that they were drafted, it is a choosen profession and the more exposure we give to the world, the less safe we and our secerts are.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a work of fiction anyway, like the big meeting he had on 9/12 with a guy coming out of the White House who happened to be in France on 9/12. He's just joining the Bush bashing to sop at the gravy train of liberals who will throw their money away on anything anti Bush.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I know, but you have to consider in the days of the Soviets and the Cold War, what would the people think of a person who has taken the step to write a book about any event who worked for the CIA?

It is bad enough that the whole plame thing now looks like a publicity stunt created to get her to retire with some fanfare and get some money writing a book.

Black Sheep

Expert Expediter
Valerie Plame and her socialite husband are only concerned with their own self promotion, and making the cocktail circuit in DC. Now that they've signed their story to a movie deal, they can expand on that effort. It's a shame that Lewis Libby has to be put through the legal hassle and expense because of false allegations from these two phony bureaucrat hacks. Regarding Tenet, here is a glaring example of why a new administration should change personnel when they take office. He was a Clinton appointee, and was a part of Clinton's effort to tear down our intelligence gathering apparatus during the 90s. Now he also is on the self promotion tour, when in fact he should be required to keep his mouth shut about CIA business even after retirement.