China automaker to build cars for Chrysler

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to the article, production will start sometime after 2007. Financial terms and production quantities were not revealed by Chrysler. Chrysler, in seeking a Chinese partner, said that it cannot make money by building them in the United States due to high labor and other costs.

Recently we reported on GM's similar move into China. And as we asked before, we repeat the question: "How much manufacturing know-how and how many jobs will be transferred to China before Americans wake up to the fact that Washington and its multi-national corporate partners are deliberately eradicating America's middle class?"

http://www.jbs.org/node/2270

It's bad enough that America is losing its manufacturing base in such areas as steel, textiles, and other vital industries. Now the automotive industry in the U.S. is steadily shrinking. U.S. auto company GM has entered into a joint venture with the Shanghai Automotive Industry. This Sino-U.S. joint venture of Buick sales in China has overtaken Volkswagen to become China's top auto maker.

GM's thinking is that the company must work to revive its flagging business after a 2005 loss of $10.6 billion, and that China's booming economy is a significant source of revenue capable of providing a strong growth not available in the U.S. or other western markets. Nevermind that heavy regulatory measures forcing manufacturers to look overseas to other sources of cheaper labor are some of the primary reasons why companies cannot operate profitably in the U.S.

Another fact the major media fails to mention is that China's miracle economy is the result of decades of U.S. government policies of subsidies, technology transfers, loans, and "most-favored-nation trade status." China's current communist-run government didn't grow the nation's fascist economy because of any adherence to free market principles. Our trade policies basically gave them most of their progress on a silver platter. And now we are starting to pay for them.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK
I got to ask, where is the UAW?

why isn't there a general strike being called? Shut down D-C NA to make a point!

Also did you know that D-C is a foreign car company?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>OK
>I got to ask, where is the UAW?
>
>why isn't there a general strike being called? Shut down D-C
>NA to make a point!
>
>Also did you know that D-C is a foreign car company?

Yep I know that....It seems the Big 3 are moving away from North America slowly more and more...Ford has Mazda

Cami in Ingersol Ont is a joint venture with GM and Susuzki.The Tracker is one and the same car! Just the name plate and price! Thier transmissions come from Mitshubishi.

Alot of DC's engines are Mitshubishi's

and the list goes on.....

Gotta add though.. DC and Toyota are the few thats actually creating jobs here in NA

Latest projects I know of...

DC expansion of the N. Charleston plant for the Sprinter
Expansion of the Brampton plant.

Toyota

San Antonio plant for the Tundra
Woodstock new plant to rival Toyotatown KY (Georgetown)
Hino (now Toyota)plant Woodstock expansion there as well
and expansion of the Cambridge plant.
Where is the UAW??? God only knows.........

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think you got the point, but I got to add the myth of a big three died when Chrysler was taken over by Daimler-Benz and the shift from auburn hills to Germany for the world headquarters of the parent corporation was evident.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Just one more deal to improve China's economy and increase their demand for diesel fuel and raise the price higher . Daimler/Chrysler has contracted Cummins to start building smaller diesels for Durangos and light pickups . More demand , higher prices . It will make no sense whatsoever to buy a diesel powered SUV or 1/2 ton pickup .