Chicago Politics Or Just Politics?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Probably happens in most administrations to some degree regarding threats or idle threats. The way it goes with government and their arrogance of power. They will try and intimidate people and reporters who don't comply. Take away their press credentials or dis invite them to a w.h. dinner. This administration might be kicking it up a notch or two though, because even Bob Woodward says he hasn't seen this type of behavior in a long time. Probably referring to Nixon.
Behind the Curtain: Bob Woodward at war - POLITICO.com
Bob Woodward: The White House told me I?d regret challenging them « Hot Air

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Probably happens in most administrations to some degree regarding threats or idle threats.

Agreed.

This administration might be kicking it up a notch or two though, because even Bob Woodward says he hasn't seen this type of behavior in a long time. Probably referring to Nixon.

Agreed.

The actual e-mail is innocuous when it is read alone; however, it's tone and implications can only be accurately opined by Woodward who was the recipient of the previous phone tirade to which it is referring.

In this report, where we are lacking the full context of the conversation, I would accept the opinion of a journalist like Woodward who has dealt with many different administrations. If he says the Obama team (specifically Gene Sperling in this case) is more aggressive and intimidating in their attempts to direct media coverage then there you go, they have " kicked it up "!

Now the question might be why??