Change your tranny oil

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
When I bought the T300 we did oil samples on the engine, trans and RE, reports indicated the trans and diff were slightly dirty but nothing excessive so I went ahead and addressed other things first. As the weather got warmer (ok, hot for these parts) it got more clunky and more reluctant to go into or out of one gear to the next. I also knew the clutch/TO bearing was getting near for replacement so not really expecting too much I had the oil changed in the trans and diff with Lucas additive in the trans.

I have to say I'm pretty amazed at the difference in shifting, much smoother and easier to shift and up till now it was always a bit sticky the first few miles in the morning until the engine warmed and was more agreeable to being revved whereas now it goes in much nicer and that 9 to 10 that always seems at bit sticky goes in nice and smooth.

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
I change the oil in the trans and both rear diff's every January regardless of mileaqe. This is overdoing it but $100 bucks of oil and Lucas buys piece of mind for year. I use 25% lucas to oil.