Cell phones

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I am kinda curious if anyone out there in expediterland has ever tried prepaid cell phones.

It seems to be getting more and more difficult to operate in this business without a cell phone. And since my credit is so bad I couldn't finance a candy bar (If my credit was good I would have my own truck, not just a mere driver) I was thinking of going with a prepaid phone.

I assume their is pro's and cons like anything else. What is the best one? From all I read AT&T's prepaid seems the best. Any imput would be helpful.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Take that picture of yourself in the santa suit and sell it to play girl and you could buy the phone company.}>
At&t is about the best service out there, (I think so) First I would find out all the hidden costs. Some people say those phones work just like the phone cards.
Hey Bill! just get the truck owner to get you a phone and you can pay him.}>
Love the santa picture

pjeffries

Expert Expediter
AT&T IS THE BEST OUT THERE. THE ONLY BAD THING ABOUT GETTING PREPAID IS THE FACT THAT U CONSTANTLY WILL HAVE TO BUY CARDS BECAUSE YOU CAN USE THE MINUTES UP FAIRLY EASY. ANOTHER DOWNFALL IS THE FACT THAT IF U DON'T USE ALL OF YOUR MINUTES ON YOUR PREPAID WITHIN 30 TO 60 DAYS U LOSE THEM BUT TO AVOID THAT YOU CAN AD ON ADDITIONAL MINUTES BEFORE THE 30 TO 60 DAYS TO KEEP ALL YOUR MINUTES.
I TELL YOU THE BEST THING TO DO IS GET A PHONE FROM SPRINT PCS THEY ARE THE NEXT BEST COMPANY. THEY DON'T GO BY YOUR CREDIT GOOD OR BAD YOU WILL GET A PHONE AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHAT RATE PLAN YOU WANT ANOTHER POSITIVE ABOUT THE SPRINT PHONES THEY HAVE INTERNET ON THEM;-)