Cell Phone

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
The only thing I know about Alltell is that they pulled their name off the side of the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium.

We use Verizon and I'm really happy with it. Huge difference from Sprint, who I was with before.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I switched over to Verizon in July after having AT T for a number of years. My AT T # would drop off or I didnt have coverage.So far I really like Verizon .There staff is very helpful, the store I bought the phone from was a Verizon company store They took there time showing me all the features as how to use it.Besides Now I have a networth lol lol.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had Alltel for about 3 years and I'm very pleased with the service. Dropped calls are rare, on the couple of occasions I've called customer service they've been friendly and took care of the issue with no problem. So far the merger hasn't had any effect on service. I highly recommend them.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I have Verizon and love it and a Sprint/Nextel Sextel?:D Which sucks always losing the signal

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
Not all Alltel is going over to Verizon Some locations are being spun off because of anti-trust issues. My grand daughter has Alltel and her service is being taken over by some local company here in GA. Jerry Lee

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
The area I live in, if you go to Verizon page, put in your zip code, it pops up Alltel cover this area for Verizon.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I have Alltel (5 years) and I am very pleased with the service and the rates. I have fewer dropped calls than I had with Verizon and Nextel as well.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I started with Cingular which is now AT&T. Have had AT&T ever since. Is rare we can finish a call with out 'dropping' the call. I have been to the Sprint, Verizon, T-mobil and USCellular websites for 3 months running as I really want to get new phones and change my service to a different company. But alas I can't figure it out. Everything has become so complicated that I don't understand about the phones or the plans so each time I end up clicking out without changing. I go to AT&T website thinking "ok, fine! I'll just buy new phones and keep my existing plan, that I'm not really happy with, but again, the phones are sooo complicated I don't know what to order! Why can't they just make a 'simple' plan or at least explain what all these 'feature' are! Soooo, here I sit with my old out-dated phone. :rolleyes:

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
I have had Verizon for five years - both their cell phone and data services. Cell phone has always been good and data services are getting better every year. Since Verizon came out with Family and Friends, I have been able to drop my monthly service by two levels. Saves me between $700 and $1,000 a year. Seems as if you can put your company phone line in and out as two of your 10 Family and Friends numbers. Then your calls to and from your company will not count on your monthly minutes. I am a happy camper.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I have read in other forums of Alltel customers being overcharged after the merger . There was an opportunity for a while for Alltel customers to cancel their contracts early without penalty under certain conditions .

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
GTE merged in 1998,in ohio with verizen and alltel.where I lived went Alltel.'til this last merger,Alltel has been great,but since the merger,I'm dropping call,and loosing service where I have always had service.They do give me extra mins. for the dropped calls.
My sister has Verizen,her service has not been interupted.
As far as Sprint,I also have the simply everything plan,get Nascar,NFL on my phone,text, pics,all for 100 bucks a month.No long distance,or roaming,and can talk as mins a day as I want.Have had very little problems with the sprint phone.
With my discounts,both phones run me about $160 a month,not bad since I use about 4000 mins a month,go on line with the sprint phone,and have no house phone bill to pay