CDRP

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Read about the carrier profile of E L Holingsworth. From what I read, they have no forced dispatch. Give them a call to see if they have any owner operators looking for drivers or drive there vans.
Randy:)

thunderhorse

Expert Expediter
well, $630 EHHHHHHHH?? according to rob eh the money is to cover costs and it is not a canadian government money grab.I think Rob EH has been smoking those canadian cigarrettes and having far too many lunch breaks with the Easter bunny.OH CANADA!!!!!!!!!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This type of Canadian vs USA bashing really has no place or value on this site.None of us set Government Policies either in Canada or the US but we all have to live with them.I have no problem going to Canada and actually enjoy it up there.If you know the customs procedures and are prepared in advance there is very little difficulty getting across. Canada implemented the CDRP to have a record of past felons who enter their country and if they want to do that and create a problem for the US drivers that is their business. Of course their immigration policies admit people from all over the British Commonwealth to get free medical treatment at the expense of the Canadian taxpayers.But here in the US we allow pregant woman from Mexico and the Carribean islands to enter the US,give birth and the baby is now a US citizen , and has a SS card and draws welfare supplements the next day.There is a town down on the Arizona/Mexico border that about 800 residents but over 15,000 PO Box addresses.
There is no rhyme or reason as too what Politicans in both countries will do to get votes. Going after truckers looks good to the average citzen as the media on both sides always portrays us as low life, bottom of the barrel individuals.
Also going on the attack with personal bashing of each other has no place on this site.Lets keep it the PROFFESIONAL site it always has been..

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I haven't had the opportunity to read the replies to my post regarding the CDRP for over a week, & I am quite surprised at how vitriolic some of the replies have been. The folks that have replied with well reasoned responses are to be congratulated, both Aericans & Canadians. To Those of you who have used this website to bash each other's country: Get a life, or, at the least, another job. This site
is an open forum for expediters to discuss issues pertinent to our chosen career. It is NOT a place for "target practice". As they ussed to say when I was locked up(yes, I was guilty)"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". I am not at all bitter towards the Canadian
people or their Government. We have our laws; they have their's. In my case, I am fortunate to work for a company that does forgive & forget. Their solution was quite simple: I just added the phrase "no Cnnadian loads" to my driver profile. Question answered; issue resolved.