CDL Georgia

dawgtown

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know how long it might take to get a Class B CDL with Hazmat in Georgia? The GA DMVS web site indicates that a driver should apply for a CDL 60 to 90 days prior to beginning CDL driving. Can anyone tell me how long it took to get their GA CDL? My impression was that you can walk in to the DMVS test site, take the required endorsement tests and the driving test and receive the license the same day. One new requirement for CDL HAZMAT is that the applicant must be fingerprinted. I assume that the applicant does not have to wait for the criminal history (fingerprint) check to come back before the CDL is issued. I would simply ask these questions at the DMVS office but too often all you get is a blank stare.

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
As far as I know if you can pass the pretrip test you can go forward and take the driving test, and recieve your CDL in a day. My daughter lives outside Atlanta and said that was her understanding. She has her "B" license and did it in a day. The only exception was the passing of the pretrip inspection. There may be a difference in County requirements? But I doubt that. Good luck..

eldomike

Expert Expediter
Generally, how close do you follow the exam book when doing a pre trip inspection...down to the nuts and bolts?