CBO Obama Care will shrink work force by 800,000 Jobs

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
. . . the health care law will reduce employment by 0.5 percent by 2021 because some people will no longer have to work just to afford health insurance.

So 800,000 jobs will open up because people will not be forced to work just for health insurance?
That means 800,000 jobs will be available for those seeking employment?

Sounds like good news.

BTW - The article is almost 2 years old. The more important concerns are how Obamacare will negatively effect expansion of businesses with less than 50 workers and how full time jobs will be converted into part time jobs.

Some new jobs will be created - Thousands of new Government jobs will be added through the IRS in order to insure compliance to the new taxes and mandates. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So adding all those people to the people tax payers have to cover health care for sounds good to you?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
So adding all those people to the people tax payers have to cover health care for sounds good to you?

Please read again. Your Fisher Price must have gotten the sentences mixed up. The good comment was after the 800,000 jobs sentence.

FYI - That silly little face at the end of the last sentence means "sarcasm".

Clarification - The CBO stated that the people that are now working for the sole benefit of affording employer subsidized health insurance will be able to leave the work force by choice and obtain insurance on their own. The tax payers would only be providing health insurance to the very poor who supposedly can't afford either which is a different problem. :)

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please read again. Your Fisher Price must have gotten the sentences mixed up. The good comment was after the 800,000 jobs sentence.

FYI - That silly little face at the end of the last sentence means "sarcasm".

Clarification - The CBO stated that the people that are now working for the sole benefit of affording employer subsidized health insurance will be able to leave the work force by choice and obtain insurance on their own. The tax payers would only be providing health insurance to the very poor who supposedly can't afford either which is a different problem. :)

I thought your following comments after the first paragraph were great. I also think that a good number of those who leave work will go on the freebbie list. In America far more than the very poorest are legible for free or subsidized offerings. Poor in America is pretty high standards most places.