CAT 3126

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Expediter engines

Just a brief comment once again: I may have to eat crow. Did talk to Jeff Jones @KW, and for the money, may just have to get a Pete or KW class 7/8 truck. With interest rates low, and used truck market more favorable now due to depletion of good units, now until next year may be best time to finance again. Unless one wants to spend the extra $5K or so for C9 (Sterling L-line)or ISL (in Pete 385/KW T800), ISC does look better than MBE 926 for re-sale and longevity. If Cummins can convince me (spec 315 hsp/950 torque) and if some sort of exhaust brake is avail., for my $$, this is the way to go still... P.S. KW or Pete 330 is still a lot of resaleable truck compared to an Acterra!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Expediter engines

ISC 8.3 is still the largest engine available for the clsss 7 KW300/Pete 330. The bigger engines won't fit under the low hood of those models. Getting something with a C9 or bigger CAT, Cummins ISM, Detroit 60 or such will require getting into a class 8 truck.
This was my reason for wanting a class 8 truck- I didn't like the lack of nice engine and tranny choices available in the class 7's or the class 7's having little resale worth to them after 5 or 6 years.
A class 8 chassis is WELL WORTH $5000 over a class 7 if you can manage it in the beginning, as you'll get that extra $5000 back in the end and maybe even more.
Plus climbing hills is actually FUN in a straight truck with power :)
-Weave-