cargo vans

bkkeystone

Expert Expediter
Have been in expediting with "D" units (owned and leased) and now have E150 Ford cargo van doing courier runs. Question is====
My van has towing rating of 5000#====a 2000# enclosed trailer with walls, etc. would allow 2000 to 3000# cargo and a lot of space in the van for "sleeper"=====investment of roughly $20K and ready to go with nice set-up. Has this been done??? Can it be done??? Why or why not???

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Most companies have their own sets of rules, some are similar. The best help I can give to you, is to Call the companies you want to drive for, or call all the companies until one of them tells you what you want to hear. I know some drivers that pull trailers, with pick-ups. I see some vans doing it too, but I don’t know who they work for. You can find all the companies phone #s on this site. Why not get it right from the horses mouth.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When Conway Now first started up,for a while they had B Cargo vans pulling trailers.Made a lot of sense to me but I havn!t seen this setup in some time.Perhaps a Conway recriuter could enlighten you.Have you thought about using the van for your cargo and perhaps hauling a small RV trailer,you could drop the traile in the shippers parking lot,load and rehook up and off you go.I have often thought of this with a D unit. Wonder if anybody has ever done it?

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Funny this was mentioned, as I have been witnessing a small rebirth of it! I saw a coupe of vans leased to mom and pop places pulling small trailers last week.
-Weave-