Cargo vans again !

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I thought he said scarred! :confused:

Sorry that was a typo. lol!

Talk of 600 pd skids, yes that's true and there is still a nitch market, but day after day shippers are asking for Sprinter like vehicles even with one skid. Yes C/Vans will be around forever but most Expediting company's are wanting Sprinter like trucks for ease of dispatch. It's easier for them to have two Sprinters or Maxxs in the same area than one of each. Another is the fact that a lot of company's are paying dead head so the more Sprinter like freight and to many C/Vans ads up to wasted money for the company. Just saying. I sold one of mine and now getting rid of the other since putting on another TT, but I will be adding a Maxx soon.

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
I know it has been beat to death, but Is there a market for vans (not sprinters) out there a little later in the year ( say April on). I have a CDL A but after 40 years with log books, I feel that is enough.

I have a steady income stream and don't need to make a living with a van, I can stay out 3-5 weeks at a time no problem. I want to see some more of this country , before I take the eternal dirt nap.

What are my options?

I own 3 vans and do very well at my carrier,all my vans are teams tho there really no profit in them if you only hire a solo driver even if you drive it your self you still need a teammate.Good think about my carrier i'm with is they do a lot of north east and mid west runs and my drivers can get home easy since they live in the freight lanes.I'm getting into straight trucks now just bought one from a buddy of my who retired and give me a great deal on a truck even tho I don't really have it lease to a carrier as of yet.

gwconover

Active Expediter
If you will not haul cheap frieght I suggest another form of retirement activites. I was in the Business as an O/O and a driver. The industry beat me to death. Now looking to run for someone on a pay basis. The successful company will pay a "wage" I suggest that you not sign on with anyone that wants you to pay any costs, such as fuel ...

Luck
Garrett:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If you will not haul cheap frieght I suggest another form of retirement activites. I was in the Business as an O/O and a driver. The industry beat me to death. Now looking to run for someone on a pay basis. The successful company will pay a "wage" I suggest that you not sign on with anyone that wants you to pay any costs, such as fuel ...

Luck
Garrett:)

Paying for fuel is how you make extra money by exceeding the fuel surcharge MPG. There are many issues that can come up when the owner pays for fuel.