Cargo Van Cargo Vanners What GPS do you use?

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
My GPS doesn't do traffic. The newer ones do though. I'm old school I still rely on the CB to give me traffic info. If I hear about a back up. I'll load up the iPhone map, which has traffic info. I have a CDL my carrier requires it. As far as the commercial tags I wouldn't know anything about that.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Well that's the old school getting traffic by cb. Well if it works it works you know a nice feature about the tomtom it works you too hope traffic in the country it alerts you only do the traffic on your route and will prompt you whether you want to avoid that automatically route to the next fastest route. it takes some getting used to using it along with your smartphone application so are you your does your carrier require a CDL for a cargo van

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My PC Miler isn't internet but it is 5 years old. I like it because you can program how fast you drive on what kind of roads. So you have really accurate ETA it won't change time zone on you as you drive, it always on eastern no matter where you are. It will also tell you the second turn, like turn right then below it, it will say .5 miles turn left. That way you know to get in the left lane immediately. Really nice for semi's
A modern gps can be set to one time zone, has very accurate eta in fact they adjust eta to your driving style. I haven't seen one that shows a Second turn without purposely looking ahead and then you can see every turn on your route.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds interesting a modem GPS now the TomTom it depends which mode it will show u turns all the I hope it turns if you a65 dana alabama n zoomed in if you work soon it will but internet is bad I'm in Alabama on 65 beta is given to you too based on the posted speed limits a assaulter your changes your ETA

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep I'm with panther and they require a CDL for cargo van. It's an insurance thing.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Wayneygogo...punctuation helps...slow down and we may understand a bit easier

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I have a Garmin 5650 with smartphone link thru Bluetooth for live traffic, along with live weather and traffic cams

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have a Garmin ----lmt, the lmt is lifetime maps & traffic, imo that was the important feature to have. Traffic has helped bypass major backup's....and have sat for 2hrs (traffic said 17 min delay) !!!