Canada Canadian Laws

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, they'll get ticketed for going 10km over. But that's not all. Anyone in a truck that is going any faster than 105km, that's the litmus test for no speed limiter, and they'll get ticketed for not having that, too.

Actually the 'litmus test' is 115kph.

Quote:
(9) In any proceeding under this section and in the absence of evidence to the contrary, proof that a commercial motor vehicle was driven on a highway at a speed equal to or greater than the speed prescribed for the purpose of this subsection is proof that the vehicle was not equipped with a speed-limiting system that was activated and functioning as required by subsection (1). 2008, c. 8, s. 1.

17. The prescribed speed for the purposes of subsection 68.1 (9) of the Act is 115 kilometres per hour. O. Reg. 396/08, s. 1.

115kph and they know you don't have a working limiter device, but they can still ticket you for speeding, or for not having one. Just the 115kph will tell them with certainty that it's not working. And don't forget... the first 6 mos is the 'educational period'.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
It doesn't apply to me anyway, but the day I let some government mandate the max speed of my vehicle is the day we see:

frozen_hell.jpg

You guys kill me :D