Canada Canadian Expediters

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Where are all the Ontario based expediters? There are always hundreds rolling up and down the 401/I-75.

It seems that they are NOT online. What gives? We rarely ever get any Canadian feedback or participation on issues facing o/o’s.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
The market is very small here compared to the United States with most of the action in southern Canada.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Well most of the Cdn expeditors are probably not aware of this site. I only found it by looking. Many expeditors up here are not online very often or are online for a very specific purpose.
Awareness comes from various places, but this is primarily an american site.
There are very few of the full expeditors in Canada due to the lower number of companies and the lower amount of work. There are however a large number of what this site calls hotshot companies and there are a very large number of drivers in that grouping. Hotshot is same as expediting in a way as it is expedited freight but this site seems to not be (shall we say) overly welcoming to that type of system.
I think you just have to let the drivers of the various companies know of this sites existance, or find a way to be higher in the search engines.
Also more action on the Cdn forum would probably help
(just my four cents worth)
Rob Fis

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Paul - Rob,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would agree - yes, the majority of our members are US based however, expediting as an industry is "trans-border". It really does not stop at the border so to speak.

On another note we have been online since 1999 - in Internet years that is a long, long time ago. Help us get the word out to all Canadian expediters!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

Thanks For Visiting EO!

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
This week I had opportunity to talk with several Cdn Expeditors. Not one has online capability in their vehicles and do not go online at home with regards to the business (other than vehicle repair or replacement concerns or so it seems).

All had e-mail or text messaging on their cell phones and 2 of them utilize the bell 10-4 phones (same as the Telus Mike system). So none saw any reason to add the expense of online capability to their vehicles. Even with laptops available they were not really interested in online activities.

Did mention site, so we'll see if any new members pop up.

Rob Fis

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Rob,

Thanks for the feedback and for helping spread the word. It is interesting to see the difference approach owner operators have to their business on both sides of the border.

One thing in common for both is - make money.

And on that point - I know the EO community has helped thousands of people make more money, save money, they’ve gained free tax advice and pointers on how to fix their trucks - so maybe we can bring some of Canadian drivers into the fold.

Thanks again!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
While I agree that this site does have a load of info, it seems that most of the Cdn boys go about things in the old fashion way. They ask older drivers, ppl at the company, their bookkeepers.

Yes bookkeepers not full CAs. 1 cheaper, 2 availability, 3 finding one with trucking experience.

Generally they know someone in the business or come from a back ground in one of the many courier companies around the GTA. Therefore they have some knowledge prior to expediting and continue with their prior business methods.

Online communitys today are large and quite accessible, but for many here I see a lack of interest and a lack of visibility. Try using a search engine online and for many of us we get a lot of useless sites and it takes time to learn to refine your search criteria properly. Note that many canadians like to search for canadian web sites for info as there are some differences.

Sorry for this info but I also see a gross lack of infomation available in the courier/expedite industry in Canada. For example no one tells newbies about this or any other web site or where to get info other than talk to the recruiter and other drivers with your prospective company.

Rob

chimo1990

Expert Expediter
Up until recently i was working as a company driver for a company called AST transportation out of Mississauga.They decided to start sending their trucks back to the leasing companies and get rid of the drivers and go o/o but they had 1 and she said they were playing games with her pay and that she had problems with a check they gave her.She told me that they owed her 1500 dollars when they got rid of her and when i got my last pay from them all of a sudden idleair came out of my pocket so this is just a warning to anybody thinking of checking them out save yourself the time and go to another company because they will promise you the world and deliver you the dirt.:(