Canada Canadian and interstating

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
Hello all, i am kinda cofused, i work for a Canadian company, and while waiting for a load in Indiana, my dispatch called me and said they had a load picking up in Auburn In. going to Lansing Mi, i asked if that was against the law, as i am a Canadian and have NO green card or statis in the US. My dispatcher put the owner of my company on the phone, cause she didnt really know the answer, so he says (as long as i am heading north, toward the border i was allowed to do 1 load INTERSTATE) Me being a smart person and not willing to risk my job, i said no, i will wait for a load back to Canada, All i would like to hear from someone who is 100% sure about this, please and thank you!!!

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
wow, i am so glad i made the right decision, i am gonna go and smack my boss tomorrow for tryin to f*** me!!! thx for the link!!

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Yes your take the right way, good that you have a 6 srnts inside you. Don't do intersted I have a friend who do and he pay very good for this over $ 20 000. He was O/O and have to relist he truck from the custom and oay fine and pay storages and so many others fee............. Let your boss next time to drive interste, but not you, smart move. Take care .

08CareerOTR

Seasoned Expediter
"( GOOD CALL)" when I was driving Semi in /out of Canada from Maryland,,,,I was only to get Load from Canada back into USA...
Now if your company has a Office/Yard here then you could....but NO! you did right thing......I always did DEADHEAD back ALOT!!!!!!!!!

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I believe that your boss wasn't entirely wrong.
This is a NAFTA issue; the "trucK" can make a pick up on it's way back to the country of origin.
US Immigration says though that the driver "can't".

A sticking point.
I hope you didn't lose your job over it.
Good Luck !

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
actually i did lose my job , yesterday i quit, so if anyone can refer a good company in the windsor area, would help, thanks to all for this info!