Canada-Only Carriers?

choozin

New Recruit
Researching
Can anyone help point me in the direction of some cargo van carriers who operate exclusively or primarily within Canada, meaning they don't require you to travel cross-border?

Thanks in advance

Fisherman

Active Expediter
Driver
I am a Canadian expeditor and as far as I know there are none. I haven't looked into it too deeply though. However, you may be able to find a company that will only get Canadian loads for you if that's what you want.

choozin

New Recruit
Researching
I've talked to a recruiter with Thompson Emergency who told me they had to let someone go who couldn't go cross-border and had been with them for years... I've been trying to contact a few other companies (TFT, RJR Expedite, Rapidgo, and FF Express), but haven't heard back yet.

You wouldn't happen to know any other carriers worth trying would you? Or know of any resources I might not be using to find them?

I was thinking maybe a smaller carrier with only a half dozen vans on the road might be more likely to stay in-country, but I'm thinking those guys might not have a major online presence. (Been considering going to a truck stop and sitting with a sign asking for references haha)

Fisherman

Active Expediter
Driver
I've talked to a recruiter with Thompson Emergency who told me they had to let someone go who couldn't go cross-border and had been with them for years... I've been trying to contact a few other companies (TFT, RJR Expedite, Rapidgo, and FF Express), but haven't heard back yet.

You wouldn't happen to know any other carriers worth trying would you? Or know of any resources I might not be using to find them?

I was thinking maybe a smaller carrier with only a half dozen vans on the road might be more likely to stay in-country, but I'm thinking those guys might not have a major online presence. (Been considering going to a truck stop and sitting with a sign asking for references haha)
Unfortunately I really have no idea of which carriers would do this.

Tony21

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi Guys,

I apologize for starting a convo out of topic. I am buying my first Sprinter tomorrow to start O/O Sprinter business. I am based in Toronto and I really appreciate it if you would tell me which logistics companies to apply to get busy. Also any helpful tips? Thanks!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Try Pacex they out of Ontario years ago most of thier business was Canadian

PACEX 568 Beach Rd, Hamilton, Ontario L8H 3K9 Freephone: +1 888 837 2239 …