Can I do expedite?

steven scherban

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a 2011 Mercedes 3500, 12ft box truck. I don't plan on loading more than 4k pound. Would this truck qualify to get loads? If so what are the normal pay per mile?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What is the GVW on the plate in the doorjamb? It doesn't matter how much you load, as long as you don't exceed the GVW, but it matters if you'll have to run a logbook or not. Most companies require vehicles 5 years old or less. You may find a company to sign on with if your van is in really good shape and not too high mileage. You should read back about 5 years here on EO in the General, Newbies and Recruiter forums. Every single thread title. If the thread sounds at all educational or applicable to you then read every word of that thread. That will give you enough background and foundation to know if this is right for you or not.

steven scherban

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
What is the GVW on the plate in the doorjamb? It doesn't matter how much you load, as long as you don't exceed the GVW, but it matters if you'll have to run a logbook or not. Most companies require vehicles 5 years old or less. You may find a company to sign on with if your van is in really good shape and not too high mileage. You should read back about 5 years here on EO in the General, Newbies and Recruiter forums. Every single thread title. If the thread sounds at all educational or applicable to you then read every word of that thread. That will give you enough background and foundation to know if this is right for you or not.

The GVW is 11030lbs on a 2011 Mercedes 12ft straight truck with 202k miles

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, that's not good from a regulations standpoint. You'll be required to run under a logbook just like the guys in a 40 foot straight truck. That puts you at a definite disadvantage since you'll basically be competing with vans under 10,001 GVW that have no logbook limitations on their operations. Good luck.

Reactions: RoadTime