can a moderator tell me why my post was suddenly r

raceman

Veteran Expediter
RE: can a moderator tell me why my post was sudden

I want to say one more thing on this since I did say I wanted moderation not yanking of the POST. What has gone on here is what I do think is helpful. Moderators moderating and even saying it is time to quit. That is fair and I thank those who are taking that approach. I can not go without just a bit of input it is eating me up. Let me start by saying I do not know Gambler and I don not know Tom. I have called Tom and at this point I have forgotten why but I did. He and I appreciated what the other did and disagreed on a couple of things and then let it go. That is all I know of Tom. I am not bashing Tom but I Very much understand the start of this thread by Gambler. From my standpoint Tom made this public when he asked for infromation a few POSTs ago. I asked that whatever info came about be public instead of secret. It was pointed out to me that was not a great idea and I did not need the information for much anyway so I apoligized for even asking the question but I will admit I found it upsetting that a company, in this case Tom, was requesting all of or any of us to give him info yet not all of us or many of us would ever see it unless each of us asked for the same info which seems silly. I agree that when anyone makes statements publicly but will not back them up publicly it is just not right. If we are all going to share in the info why cant we all share in the results. That is were my beef is and I let it go. Gambler is making a good point if people will calm down and read or listen. Unfortunately this business has a person attached to it here, Tom. When people do this to Fed Ex or Panther or LandStar or whoever, there is no face or no one person attached and in this case there is. Most of us will most likely never know if Tom is doing well or not and to be honest, the kind of person I am hopes he is doing well. From a business standpoint I could care less. I am very happy where I am and since Tom does not take on O/O it makes no difference to me anyway. I am not selling my trucks to go drive there. I wish him only the best of luck.Here is where I think Gambler at least had a good point and folks could have learned from the answer. I think if we are goin to open this up it should be open for all. If Tom can say all the good things about his company then Fed Ex and all the others should be on here doing the same thing but they are not. I wonder if they did and where questioned like was here, would they answer with facts. I know what I think the answer is to that but will not say for fear of being misread. I think this went way to far but I clearly see how come it did. If any company is going to come on and publicly ask for info from us all, talk about how great it is to be with them should they not have to back that up? Maybe I am wrong and I am not reading the initial questions right or I am just such an idiot that I am missing where the start of this was a problem. I already said that I disagree with it getting out of hand but the very first message did not offend or bother me and I actually set back and was waiting to see the answer and then BOOM! I am all for Tom's ideas on here in the past and agree with much of his advice etc. I just think that if these questions would have been directed at a faceless Panther or Fed Ex or LandStar no one would have blown a gasket and I bet many folks would have said "Yeh FX what about that" "Yeh come on answer that LandStar" How about Tom being treated just like them and just keep those kinds of thing out of the post and maybe put the business questions out some other way and the actual promotion of his business in ad form like the others. Somethingf like that just so that the 'Business Tom" and the person and "expediter Tom" are separated. Tom has every right to ask for good service information, give advice when folks ask questions etc. but when it comes to "Tom the business" is it possible there is another way so it is more the way the the companies do it? I am only asking and looking for other ways to handle this kind of thing in the future.

---I will not be hugging or sitting on anything this time---

raceman

Tony

Expert Expediter

Gambler,
why not call Tom?

The bank called , my reality check bounced!

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter

raceman:
Last night I left a message on your phone asking you to give me a call, since 24 hours have past, I'm getting the impression you don't wish to speak with me... and thats ok. Since you want to use this format...here goes.

There are a couple of items in your latest post that tend to make me think that you are a "newbie". How long have you been in this industry? How many trucks do you own?

Why sir, can you and Gambler not undertand, that if you can underbid the majors, you will get the freight?

All of the majors take a nice slice of that revenue BEFORE passing the shipment onto you the owner. My working revenue is greater than any owners, yours Gamblers or anyone else.
Since I am not paying an owner... I can pay my drivers more than you can afford to pay them.
Since we have several hundred shipments to choose from each day, I can keep my trucks moving when other must operate from a business model which prohibits them from securing additional freight.
ie. do not bid a "D" load below this amount...(the cost of their operation is structured...you know like "fixed cost"?)
Furthermore because of the small number of trucks we have we can concentrate on what we feel are the longest runs to the best markets.

results... more mileage at more money for our drivers>

You also asked me to prove my claims... why are you ignoring the answer of one of my drivers to this thread? What better proof can there be than a driver who is getting the miles and revenue I advertise?

I did not start this or any other post where I make any claims about the income of my drivers or the way in which we do business. However if accused of "misleading ads", you can bet that I will defend myself and my company.

I think almost everyone else on here has understood what I again have explained to you. How much I pay my drivers is my business... not yours... not Gamblers...or anyone elses.

You stated that you think any major company will answer how much they pay in this forum. Go ahead Shawn, ask your company. I have seen the same question directed to Scott and his reply was the same as mine.... "this is not the place to discuss this matter... call me."
Scott is a pro, and knows how to handle his business, so ask him how he would respond.

So now, I ask you again... how long have you been in the industry?
How many trucks do you own? DON'T DODGE THIS VERY SIMPLE QUESTION. You are very prolific in this forum, so tell us all... What are your credentials?

to Gambler: you've used the term "my fleet" how many trucks do you own in this industry?

All of this could have been avoided by a phone call. Your choice.

By the way Shawn... does Express1 know the message on your phone says... "Hi this is(your name)... with Express1" If your not direct employee your message is misleading.

To all who view, you are free to form your own opinions...

I am finished with this topic...
I'm very tired of the "bomb throwing'!

sylvester

Expert Expediter

Raceman hit it on the head.
#1-I missed the topic when Tom asked for information from drivers.
I also then did not see if he got any replies.
However, nobody had to give him any private information, if they didn't want to. It is your choice, it's your business.
#2-Gambler wanted Tom to give out trade secrets so that the rest of us could see if his claims were true. Just like #1, if he doesn't want to, so be it, doesn't mean he is a liar. Like any company owner, you don't give out confidential information on your success.
#3- Raceman asked would any of the big companies respond to the questions Gambler asked Tom. Ya, Right!!!!
So, Tom is being no different than the big guys, no wait a minute, at least he has tried to answer some of the questions.
Would any of the big companies gone this far, Ya right!!
Anyone can ask a question, just don't get upset if it isn't answered.
There could be a good reason, maybe the loss of a customer to the competition.
Thanks raceman for putting this all in perspective.
Sylvester

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

What do you say we give it a rest??

raceman

Veteran Expediter

Thank you Tom for slapping me along side the head. I was trying to get other solutions in here so you could operate as one of us and as a company organization. I am not going to lash out like you have now not only done to Gambler but now to me. Here are your answers to your questions about me.

I did not return your call last night because I was back to feeling angered by the fact that when I wanted to take part in your public gathering of data I was asked not to by someone as it was asking for a free ride so I let it go. Today I have had a driver whos mother had a stroke and I have been trying to close my deal on My third truck which I told you about when I last emailed you. If you missed it that is three trucks. I had four at one point which was two expediters and two ground freight and recently my daughter and her husband have bought. I have been in this exact business, expedited freight for I think 14 months. I have been in trucking off and on since I was 15 years old. I have been very closely involved in the freight and distribution end of it almost as long as I can remember either through a family owned trucking business owned by my uncle and partially financed by my father and immediate family. My sister and her husband also owned and operated SunRise Express until they moved to Arizona and closed that down. I have two years of Distributive Education and worked directly in that field for Procter and Gamble where I also did plant to plant driving off and on over twenty three years and in the last six months have begun teaching the distrubutive freight aspect as well as talking on the Expediting Industry and I have produced a small Expedited freight Teaching program which parts of I have on Power point operated presentation which I do have for sale as mentioned once or twice on here in other threads but never offered to sell it at anypoint because I did not see the forum as a place for me to sell my business. As for my phone message I am sorry I used the incorrect wording on my message. I did not realize that was the case as far as I was thinking when I left Tri State and went on with Express-1, I did it so those who called me from a Tri State standpoint knew i was no longer there. If you see it as a problem or if Scott or Express-1 does I will be glad to change it. Just let me know on here or in a personal email. I think I have about got it covered. O by the way for you and anyone that may wonder about my Government work I metioned before assoicated with the Dis Orientation thread. I worked for Procter and Gamble for 23 years and in that time I went form an entry level technician to a department manager where I did work in a drug organization which included being a direct link with the FDA. That is where I did a lot of work on the granfathering issue of training. I am asked to speak at driving schools on a regular basis and anyone needing to question anymore of my qualifications or needing proof I have the time in freight, trucking and working with governmental agency, contact vai email and if it is necessary for me to provide my qualifications or proof of, I will do my best if that is what it takes. Tom I am sorry I somehow pissed you off, I can see you do not like people anywhere but in your direct corner. The back of my personal vehicle has my business trucking name on it and I hope that is ok and my business cards have Express-1 in the upper right hand corner as owner operator and if you don't mind let me know if that is ok as well. Tom my trucks are freightliners Fl70 and Fl80 and I am finishing a deal that Scott turned me on to and if you need any information on that feel free to contact him or anyone else you want to in order to research me. I answered your questions if you need me to do anything else let me know. One other thing I have owned four other business since I was 15 see if you can figure out what they were. I am willing to answer your questions in public, why dont you answer Gambler's. I never asked you a question on here to begin with other than about the insurance. As for not calling you back? Last night I was angered and it was not the right time. After I read your child like trash this evening, I came to the conclusion you would get no calls from me and after the message that this one answered it proved I have no reason and I now see why Gambler will not call you. Grow up! People do not get this defensive when they are very strong in their knowledge and their practices. Your out bursts and personal attacks have me wondering. I guess I will go completely to the Gamblers side at this point and say I agree with him. He is your best advertisement and if this is how you prove to people you are trust worthy and upstanding, I hate to see what you would do if you were not.
Ooops had to come back for an edit. I forgot to mention one other thing. I have already told Scott at Express-1 for the record. I have been developing a mapping program for freight finding and histories. I have shared this tool with some folks in the past and it is pretty simple idea. Hard to believe an idiot like me has been working on putting it in place to hopefully sell. Not far off and when it si completely finished I will update everyone. This was something I started for my uncle a number of years ago and like so many other things from my formal training and my background and work in trucking it applies nicely, almost perfectly to expediting.

raceman

raceman

Veteran Expediter

I too agree with giving it a rest now that I have been attacked. Here is where I want to point out to the Moderators that this is where you are doing a good job and not censoring. Tom was alowed to call me by first name,I don't use it over the internet but I guess I do now, personnaly attack me after doing the same to Gambler and none of the adults have been destroyed by it. The children in the room of shown thier true colors for all to see. The only time my feeling s where hurt is when Tom accused me of being a newbie. When I was a newbie in trucking and freight I did not know how to use a computer and I dont think the internet was on everyones desk. Thanks for letting enough rope out ther guys good job. I sure wish someone else could have been the one thrown in the fire though :) Censorship is not needed as bad threads will always end with someone saying give it a rest.

raceman

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

See what happens? A mod deletes a post.. and that's bad.. but if we let it go.. it gets back to this!

[font size="+2"][font color="black"}
In the interest of stopping this from going further, I'm locking this thread.. [/font]

Please.. let's stop it here, and keep this forum professional. Nothing further can be gained by continuing. I am not deleting it.. just locking.

Thanks everyone.

Dreamer

pellgrn

Expert Expediter

I say call the networks,i think we got the charactors for the next reality show expediters gone wild.:7