1. Expedite Expo The Expedite Expo 2017 is coming this July 14 - 15 to Lexington, Kentucky exclusively for those in the expedite trucking industry. The ONLY exclusively expediting trade show has a new format and will be more focused than ever before. New exhibits, trucks, demonstrations, networking sessions, educational workshops and the Expediter of the Year event will ensure that your time spent will make you a better driver. Don’t miss this once a year event! July 14 - 15, 2017 at the Lexington Center. REGISTER NOW!
    Dismiss Notice

Call Quality

Discussion in 'The Tech Shop' started by piper1, May 5, 2017.

1. piper1

piper1 Veteran Expediter

Ratings:
    +498 / 0 / -0
    I'm likely switching phone providers and since they all seem to have fairly similar unlimited data plans my question is about call/signal quality and service availability. I know Verizon is best but they just pissed me off in a big way...so I want to switch.

So...here in 2017...what are your latest experiences with call/signal quality and what carrier are you on?

2. Ragman
    EO4ME

Ragman Veteran Expediter Driver

Ratings:
    +12,293 / 9 / -2
    Vehicle:
    Straight truck
    Boost ....... works just fine. No issues and a lot cheaper than the majors.

3. xiggi

xiggi Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +4,634 / 4 / -1
    Vehicle:
    Sprinter
    Cricket runs off att, been thinking about switching. I did test them for a month and was happy with the results.

• Like Like x 1
  4. natsys

natsys Rookie Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Carrier:
    Private
    Vehicle:
    2011 Hino 258LP
    Had Boost. Call quality good as long as you had a Sprint tower nearby. No roaming with them. Also Boost and Cricket give priority to Sprint and AT&T so prepaid customers get bumped when it's busy and they also throttle data not allowing the fastest speeds. I ended up going back to Verizon prepaid. They do have the best network and prepaid is treated the same as postpaid with equal access and speeds. Other Verizon resellers also get throttled/deprioritized. I buy my phones wherever I want and just transfer my SIM card. I got a phone with WiFi calling and don't have any dead spots. And the prices are better than any plan especially if you link a credit card for autopay. I can walk at anytime. I'm not a huge data user so that may be why it works for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

• Like Like x 1