c10 cat life

inmotion

Seasoned Expediter
we are looking at a class 8 truck has all the goodies refer,liftgate,drop axle,apu. but it has 950k on it,it has a c10 cat with a 10speed auto trans and all maintenance records burns no oil and is in service now. with no problems reported by drivers. i have been told and researcheded the c10 cat and have found it is reliable up to 150mil miles before needing rebuild. just asking for some opinions and thoughts.:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't have a truck with a Cat engine unless it was given to me. Cat is a horrible company that screws their customers any chance they get. I curse myself and the day I bought a truck with a Cat engine.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
LMAO LDB I agree and me being a cat baby born here in Peoria, IL my dad and many other relatives are retired cat workers I can say you forgot the main people cat really likes to screw Their employees they treat employees like the devil. I only got a cat in my new truck because i did get the truck for darn near nothing. And I am already lining up a different engine to have on hand when the cat gets weak on me to get a cummins or detroit into it.

I wouldn't have a truck with a Cat engine unless it was given to me. Cat is a horrible company that screws their customers any chance they get. I curse myself and the day I bought a truck with a Cat engine.