"C" Truck info needed

hendrixj

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Am I right in referring to my 12' cube truck as a "c" truck?

Anyway, I just purchased this 1997 Ford E350 with a powerstroke diesel. It is in great condition and I would like to sign on with a company and start making money. The only problem is that I am in South, GA and would like to be home at least every other night. Will it be possible to find a company that will keep me within a 500 mile radius? I have no owner-operator experience. I have been driving a delivery route in this same type of truck for a couple of years now and I don't make much money at all.

Help!!!!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Most Companies in Expediting want a C truck to have a minimum of 12 feet available for cargo and be able to legally carry up to 5000 pounds of freight.This would probably require you to run logs and have a CDL. I don!t want to give you bad news but South Ga ( I assume you mean Valdosta) is not exactly a hot bed of expediting and if you want to be home every other night,it probably won!t happen or if you make it happen ,the $ won!t be there.Running in the Southjesat generally requires a team to make any decent revenue..

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
go out to nears big airport and there are many small freight
forward companies that you may fit in with, cargo area of airport. right now most people who have 97's model year trucks are looking to trade in
also does it have a sleeper on it, if your looking for a good
truck call tsi 800 388 3850, ask for dan he will help you out
as what is best way to go, also