C & M ?

mouse549

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I recently made contact with a contractor, and he told me he has trucks with PantherII & C&M.
Has anyone heard of C&M, where are they and what do they haul, any info is helpful.
Also, if anybody needs a driver out of Chicago, please email me.
Thanx
See ya at the Expo !!!
Mouse

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I believe that they operate out of East Lake Ohio near Cleveland and our moderator plus mechanic at large, Weave drives for them.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I interviewed with C&M about a year ago, and we had a deal with me driving one of their B vans.

When we met the second time to sign the necessary papers, one of the owners said I would have to drive a newer and larger van (something much larger than the original B unit) which was OK with me until I asked him if because of the larger size I would have to run a log, and he said yes.

But...what really changed my mind was that he admitted that some of the office staff had their own trucks out on the road. Although he insisted that this would in no way inhibit the way loads were dispatched, I then declined the offer to sign on with them.

He seemed like a nice enough guy, but that's not the way I do business.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have indeed been with C&M for over 2 years now, solo running a single D unit. C&M dispatches their units on a strict first in, first out basis. Sometimes unit location and size can play a factor, which will hold true anywhere in expediting. They do not play favorites with regards to truck ownership.
-Weave-

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Hi Weave,
I have been with Tri-State Expedited for over four years. I have been fairly satisfied with them but since C&M is located near my house I am interested in them. I would appreciate any information that you can give me about them.

Thanks,
Marty

mouse549

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi,
Thanx for the info.
Are you an O/O or compamy driver?
Are you satisfied with the company, dispatches, pay, hometime, etc...?

Do you know of ay other companies that hire company drivers from out of state.
I'm from Chicago.

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
It's been almost 2 years (how time flies) since we were with C&M. It was in my opinion, the best company we leased on with. The others included, Robert's/Fedex, Panther, and Landstar. Back then they had around 40 units, and outside of maybe Chicago, or Detroit it was unusual to have other trucks in the same area. We never knew of any problems of favoritism to the office staffs trucks. After we got rid of our truck, we spoke to one of them about driving their truck, and we were told that we shouldn't expect to be treated any different because of who owned the truck we were driving.

The only regret I have about C&M would be, not getting on with them sooner, and then having to leave so quickly. Life just doesn't seem the same without Julie calling, to send us out on another, "Great Adventure"

Kevin
former truck #199