Busy in April/May?

andrew sterling

Rookie Expediter
Hey everyone... New guy here.. Been expediting for three years now(16ft box) , and this past April leading up until now is absolutely dead for me.. I was wondering how all of you are making out? Trying to figure out if i should stick it out with who im with, or move on... Any help would be appreciated..

mike45armyvet

New Recruit
Hey everyone... New guy here.. Been expediting for three years now(16ft box) , and this past April leading up until now is absolutely dead for me.. I was wondering how all of you are making out? Trying to figure out if i should stick it out with who im with, or move on... Any help would be appreciated..
It was slow for everyone I know in April and sporadic so far in may

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Things are still pretty sketchy with the economy and with the changes in the automotive industry it might be like this for awhile.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Things are still pretty sketchy with the economy and with the changes in the automotive industry it might be like this for awhile.

I have never seen so many help wanted signs & ads since the mid 90's ..I wouldn't say the economy is pretty sketchy...

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a question? Been doing this for a year now, worked for someone and O/O for straight trucks (Solo driver) What do you consider SLOW?
$1500 per wk gross
$2000 per wk gross
$2500 per wk gross
Remeber everyones home lifes are different. Married,single,kids, no kids, own or rent a house. When people say its slow, it mite not be slow for other people?

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Me personally i dont determine if its slow by dollar amount example being you can sit 4-5 days because it is slow and one load can give you a great week. Just as you can work your tail off all week on other loads and not make your goals. So in my opinion i determine slow times by the flow of freight myself. Thats how ive been kind of gauging things past year. Seems to work so.far