Bush Press Conference/8/21/06

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
As a reminder,it was the Saudi's who pulled off 911.
They had no connection to Iraq.The Bin Laudin family and the Bush famuly go way back.Let's keep the facts straight.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Gee,I wonder why we are hated?I wonder why we are now more hated by non Musslum countries then before?
We had the World eating out of our hands after 911,then did the right thing by going after the Talaban,then did absolutly the WRONG thing,and have done nothing correct since.
Remember the Hornet's nest analogy in the early days of the threats from Cowboy Idiot Boy W?Well guess what,those predictions were right,and now we have not only a mess in Iraq,but the creation a new generation of anti American/British(Tony B,W's little B****h)sentiment that is spreading like a plague of locust.
Nice job Rich,but way off target.
If you going to be a butt kicking bully,you had better take on the real bad guys(Bin Laudin fiddles in his cave)and not invade a third rate dictator,creating more terrorists,and thus taking our eye off the real bad guys.It ain't rocket science.
W wanted to go after Iraq for personal reasons,which had nothing to do with war on terrorism,which has been proven.
Definiton of insanity:
Continuing a behavior over and over without any regard for results.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Tallcall,

How much time have you spent in Europe in the last couple of years? I spent 3 months in Germany last fall. I wondered how I would be treated. I made the mistake of believing too much of what the news said. I hope your not making the same mistake. To make a long story short...I and my friends was treated like gold! Even when I went into France! Of the 90 days there, I didnt have one bad day.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I spent a month in Eurpoe last year as well.Traveled through Germany,France and Italy.Treated very well,but was traveling with my wife,who is Chinese,and a lot more attractive then me.. .go figure!
Anyway,we had a great time,and I was pleasently surprised to be treated very very well.I think everyone is tired of this whole affair,and it's easier to be nice.
Remember,we have also been the most loved Nation in the World,setting the standard for modern culture,music,education and freedom.
When I travel in China with my wife,she is ignored,and I'm the star.We Americans are adored in China,by the regular people,and it is an eye opening experience to be loved and admired by so many.
Elvis is known as "The Cat King"in China,and his music is played (MUZAK version)in every elevator and Mall in the country.
I strongly suggest,for the trip of a life time,go to China and soak it in.It's safe,it's vast and it's 5000 years of history are on display through out the country.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Then I would say Clinton
>was one of the biggest clowns ever to live in the white
>house with 8 yrs full of drama. (Vince Foster, travel gate,
>white water, Monica Lewinski, etc) Then, when he really
>wanted to do something good for the nation...nobody took him
>seriously. Then you can say the current administration didnt
>have a crystal ball to consult and accuse them of lying
>about WMD. Even though I remember as a younger man seeing
>kurdish women and children laying dead in some street after
>Sadam gased them... So...its all in what you "want" to
>believe.

FACT:

The Bush Administration awarded a multibillion-dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton--a company that still pays Vice President Cheney hundreds of thousands of dollars in deferred compensation each year (Cheney also has Halliburton stock options). The company then repeatedly overcharged the military for services, accepted kickbacks from subcontractors and served troops dirty food.

Sources: The Washington Post, The Taipei Times, BBC News

The Bush Administration told Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan about plans to go to war with Iraq before telling Secretary of State Colin Powell.

Source: detnews.com

The Bush Administration relentlessly pushed an energy bill containing $23.5 billion in corporate tax breaks, much of which would have benefited major campaign contributors.

taxpayer.net, Washington Post

The Bush Administration paid Iraqi-exile and neocon darling Ahmad Chalabi $400,000 a month for intelligence, including fabricated claims about Iraqi WMD. It continued to pay him for months after discovering that he was providing inaccurate information.

Source: MSNBC

The Bush Administration installed as top officials more than 100 former lobbyists, attorneys or spokespeople for the industries they oversee.

Source: Source: commondreams.org

The Bush Administration let disgraced Enron CEO Ken Lay--a close friend of President Bush--help write its energy policy.

Source: MSNBC

Top Bush Administration officials accepted $127,600 in jewelry and other presents from the Saudi royal family in 2003, including diamond-and-sapphire jewelry valued at $95,500 for First Lady Laura Bush.

Source: Seattle Times

Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge awarded lucrative contracts to several companies in which he is an investor, including Microsoft, GE, Sprint, Pfizer and Oracle.

Source: cq.com

President Bush used images of firefighters carrying flag-draped coffins through the rubble of the World Trade Center to score political points in a campaign advertisement.

Source: Washington Post

Do you want to see some more facts? You want to talk more on coruption? You want to talk economy? Let me know.

-mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--