Bunk A/c Problem

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
I have a 07 Volvo VN 780, And just had the ac recharged, but now, the bunk ac blows, but not cold, ( heat works great in cab and bunk) and the cab ac is ICE cold. The little unit in the side box, under the box gets VERY hot when the bunk AC is on... The dealer wants 100 bucks just to look at it.. Before I pay that stupid amount, I thought I woul dask you guys here. Maybe you have had a similar problem????....:confused:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I have a 07 Volvo VN 780, And just had the ac recharged, but now, the bunk ac blows, but not cold, ( heat works great in cab and bunk) and the cab ac is ICE cold. The little unit in the side box, under the box gets VERY hot when the bunk AC is on... The dealer wants 100 bucks just to look at it.. Before I pay that stupid amount, I thought I woul dask you guys here. Maybe you have had a similar problem????....:confused:
Your expansion valve under the bunk may be stuck open and need replaced.

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
Check to see if the condenser fins are plugged up. I had a similiar problem and after cleaning with Simple Green and water it worked correctly.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Under the bed or under the truck where bed is at?.. thanks..i think urs needs help too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do these basic checks if you are mechanicaly inclined and at your own risk.
If you have access to the plumbing and to the test fittings and have an AC test guage you can give the preasure readings to an ac guy and he can tell what to look at. a basic guage is reasonable at most parts stores abbout 30 bucks hook up to the low presure side then high side the note your kick on and kick off preasure. Not looking at it sounds like some kind of blockage inside the plumbing, blocked, dirty or crushed condenser, kinked tube, expansion valve or may just need a couple ounces if your systeme is a few years old. feel the suply lines one should be hot the other cold. be carefull because the hot side can be realy hot. DO NOT OPEN AN AC SYSTEM UNLESS YOU HAVE A PRO DISCHARGE IT
Hit the yellow pages and call a couple a c guys ask them to walk you through it especialy if you have somthing for them to work with other than no cold air.