Buffalo Trucks

G

I see a lot of expediter trucks parked in Buffalo NY, Is Buffalo a good place for freigt? I always See a lot of vans at exit 52 at the truck stop. I was just wondering.

G

Randy, I live In Mississauga, Ontario, and I would suggest that Buffalo is not a very busy area for Expedite vans or trucks. these vans you see at exit 52 are probably on their way someplace else, either going east to NYC or west to Ohio. The only time I have picked up in Buffalo in 2 years, and remember I live one and a half hours away,is the occasional small box at the Buffalo airport, that goes into Canada thru the bridge. As far as industrial accounts are concerned, Buffalo is dead, in my opinion. Jim Bunting..

G

This sounds true, anytime you see a bunch of trucks or vans, sitting somewhereit cant be good, unless your at the detroiter, there is always trucks there but they dont usually sit long because of it being such a "hot" area

G

Buffalo has alot of freight but most of it is auto
with some other , hit or miss but ok

G

I get a lot of team loads from that area of NY. Buffalo, Lockport, Rochester etc., mostly automotive going to KC, El Paso or Wisconsin.

G

I've run solo and team from Buffalo. So far we have always received at least one offer in the first 4 hours and sometimes 2 offers. All the runs so far have been 400 + mi. It's good enuf where we didn't know there was a truck stop at exit 52.

G

In responce to you ? "Does Buffalo Have Any Freight " We have more frieght then you can shake a stick at. To much frieght not enough drivers , and for that canadian that said it's just a resting spot KEEP DREAMING and Ill take your loads all day bud. later

G

Tell me where you get freight out of Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse?
We came out of Cincinnati Monday evening and arrived Rochester Tuesday Morning, unloaded and made our 30 phone to agents for Landstar and here it is Thursday morning and we're still waiting. We deadheaded 195 miles for the load on Monday and now they want us to move back into the Cleveland area!! So far this week, we have made about 90 dollars. Can't live on that!!
THis afternoon we moved into the Buffalo area and here it is 3 pm and still no calls.
Has anyone else had this problem?
A disgruntled expediter

G

That's one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.Two pieces of advice for you for free: Get off the internet and drive to Cleveland and the best advice of all,don't eat any yellow snow !!

G

Ugh! We've all been there! It seems like all you do is drive aimlessly around the country (and some internationaly - Canada)

I'm just getting back in the truck after a brief stint in an unrelated field. I can't wait to hit the open road again. This gets in your blood.

G

Unhappy and Starving, I would be too with all that driving on a $90 load. Seriously, it looks like your problem is less with Buffalo and more with Landstar. With Roberts, we haven't had any time to sit around Buffalo as the work is offered right up. We've had to sit almost a day in Rochester and enjoyed that. In Syracuse we tried getting sandwiches soon as we arrived and got a clink during the sandwich run. Give Roberts a call. It's hard to ever get offered a $90 run there unless it is 10 mi to the airport and deliver in town. Tell them Verno with C2007 sent you (well, maybe they won't talk to you too :->>)

Vernon

G

It gets even sadder....Its now Friday at 11 am. We talked with HQ many times over the past several days. Last night we were asked not to quit but give it another day and maybe Syracuse will be able to get us out of here. If we don't have a load by 3 pm we are taking the truck back to the owners and going home and trying another expediter that wants to run us..

G

I must clarify the $90 run. It weas actually $178.80 but after taxes it comes to about $90. We are only the drivers and we realize (too late) that we should have moved back into the freight lanes around Cleveland-Detroit on Wednesday morning. We had deadheaded 198 miles to get to the load going to Rochester and deadheading back to Cleveland(263 miles)was only hurting the owners. And with Comdata with only 44 dollars in it to boot!
And I've never cared for "yellow"snow.

Starving