Box Truck Mattress Options

Highway2Haul

New Recruit
I own 2 box trucks. 1 is a 2008 Freightliner M2, and the other is a 2020 International. International is a 2 seater, and the Freightliner has a bench seat next to the driver seat. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can buy to have a comfortable sleeping situation in these 2 trucks? Each will be different of course I'm expecting. Also I know it's not DOT acceptable, but there must be someone out there doing it! Thanks in advance for the constructive comments! Again I know it's not "legal" to sleeper berth in these vehicles so I don't need reminding haha.

Tkayclark

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a M2 106. I removed the bench seat leaving the base and made a 24x48 inch plywood base with 9 inches of foam, covered for a mattress. You can not claim sleeper berth with this setup but it is comfortable. I also carry 2 hammocks with me,1 stays in the back of the truck hooked up to my E-track and the other I can string up under the box on either side of the truck so I can be in the shade. If there is any air moving you can sleep comfortable at 85 in a hammock. Because I never try to use sleeper berth they haven’t ticketed me for it. PS, the hammock, once you learn to sleep in it at an angle instead of like a banana, is more comfortable than any bed.