Bib Brother Is watching us

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been sitting at home in Knoxville for the past 72 Hours authorized. Tonight I call a facilitator to see why I was bypassed on a 530 mile run. The dispatcher had at first told me that run was too long. I pointed out to her that as a B truck I could go 700 miles. Then she told me that the truck which got the load was 6 miles from the pickup while I was 32 miles away.

When I finally got the facilitator she had an interesting reason for my being bypassed. I voted today and took the truck to the polls. Then thinking I should move closer to the city, I drove into Knoxville. Bottom line: My driving those miles (approx 50) had made me ineligable for the run. I only had 10.5 hours and the run would take 11.

So, boys and girls, disconect your clink if you have to drive around town! They are getting very creative in their was to give runs to the chosen trucks!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dont forget "Big Brother"watches these post.disconecting C-LINK can get your contract cancelled.

Dave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yeah....you can't disconect c-link..but.....those darn cheap circuit breakers I bought.....oh well....

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you know how to install a shutoff for Clink, please let me know. Found out today that B trucks are allowed 930 drive minutes per day. Apparently if you drive to the corner store and stay there one hour DVA subtracts that hour from your drive time. My advice is to keep track of all your minutes behind the wheel.

Next they will be be monitoring our heart rates to see if we were really resting!

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Where does it say they will cancel you for that in the contract?
Wrap it in aluminum foil.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Where does it say they will
>cancel you for that in
>the contract?
>Wrap it in aluminum foil.
Check out Sec V Paragraph (c)"good working order at all times",also ther5e haqve been memos over the years about not cutting wires to install switches.

Dave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't know about all c-links...but the owner of my truck had a fuse link installed in the power cord.....I just popped the fuse when I wanted to "disapear"....
If its hooked to a secondary battery, all you have to do is fashion a fuse link that will fit the end of the power cord and go to the terminal....
**Note** I only used this when I was at home and needed to use the vehicle for personal use, never on the road...

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yep. you are right. I pulled out the contract I had when I was with Roberts, and their it was. I'll add that to one of the reasons I terminated my contract with them. The Co. I am leased to now dosn't use satellite comunication. We just use a cell phone. It's my truck and I can take it anywhere I please, when I please. I'm much happier now.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That excuse sounds like a typical BS reason to excuse you from the load.I don!t think they actually monitor you when you are available to see if you are moving around etc. The Qual Com unit goes from Quiet to Good when the ignition is on so that large fleets can determine if a driver is doing a lot of idling etc,but to actually know you deadheaded 50 miles in a layover status would take a lot of WATCHING,however I may be wrong and it would not suprise me in the least.We all know 95% of the time the closest truck gets the load so this is just another excuse to
placate you and get you off the phone.Our so called business is micro managed by bored housewives and people who are 2 years out of high school..

TRUCKNMAMA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That Qual Com is so screwey one time I was in traffic and told them I was getting off the Interstate ang going thrugh the streets to P/U. I was 4 blocks from P/U in Philly and the Qual Com had me in MI. Explain that. Another time they had me going in the wrong direction and I was just pulling into my delivery.
Iris

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Last month I was actually sitting at a shippers desk signing the BOL when he received a phone call from a dispatcher saying that they had lost me and another truck would be coming in to get the load.Even though I had sent the proper PU arrival message,they didn!t bother to look at it. The shipper put me on the phone,they proceeded to chew me out,when they let up I said " Why don!t you check my activity".Next thing I hear is "Oh the computer says you are there,but are you really there"? I said "well you called the shipper right,he put me on the phone,doesn!t that make you believe I am there". The dip--- said" well I have to check".... Sometimes it blows my mind that we have to put up with people that do not believe us and have a total lack of faith in us.If it wasn!t for us they wouldn!t have their $7.00 per hour job..